Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I suppose this thread is only for music?

IAMTHESYSTEM

I remember someone [can't remember who!] posting a comedy stand up routine he had done on  another thread but 'gig' means 'a job usually in the entertainment industry' so if you've got a gig/theatrical production/blockbuster movie post it up .
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 28 June, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
I suppose this thread is only for music?

threadjacking isn't frowned apon here, it even has its own thread  :crazy:
DDT did a job on me

The Doctor Alt 8

Ah well now... watch this space then. Because I have joined a second drama group.

Third Estate Ned

Tomorrow is the day of the mighty Soundgarden (supported by Wolfmother), a band slightly cheapened by the activities of their singer in the last few years but I'm still looking forward to it. Hope they do Jesus Christ Pose.

Keef Monkey

Jealous of your Soundgarden opportunity, isn't that the same bill as Faith No More? Amazing.

Just got tickets for the first day of this (didn't really fancy the whole weekend as it's pretty much entirely my Mogwai obsession that's got me going, mind you Fuck Buttons will be grand too) -

I, Cosh

Really think I might end up back in Glasgow that weekend Keef.

I've seen Holy Mountain a couple of times and they know how to hold a doomy groove for ten minutes if they need to; been loving  Young Father's new album; is it really Swervedriver?; can take or leave the Wedding Present but they were great the last time I saw them; James Holden is vastly underrated; first time I saw Fuck Buttons was supporting Mogwai at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh a few years ago and I initially assumed they were a similarly instrumented guitar band: I still think that Bright Tomorrow is the closest anyone's ever got to expressing the mix of drum machines and noise in my heart; Mogwai are Mogwai.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

May end up going to the tweeest festival there ever has been: Indietracks. Some friends are playing at it and some other friends are going and it's halfway between everywhere and there's probably enough decent stuff to make it worth the money.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Sweet Baboo be very good.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 July, 2014, 10:14:03 PM
Yes. And Dean Wareham. And The Just Joans..
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 July, 2014, 10:48:11 PM

Don't know um will check um out though.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 July, 2014, 06:22:36 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 01 July, 2014, 10:48:11 PM
Don't know um will check um out though.
Dean Wareham was the frontman of Galaxie 500 and Luna. The Just Joans are my mates, so might want to take that recommendation with a pinch of salt.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 July, 2014, 09:55:34 PM
first time I saw Fuck Buttons was supporting Mogwai at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh a few years ago and I initially assumed they were a similarly instrumented guitar band: I still think that Bright Tomorrow is the closest anyone's ever got to expressing the mix of drum machines and noise in my heart; Mogwai are Mogwai.

Ah I was at that Corn Exchange gig too, but only caught the last few minutes of Fuck Buttons, when they seemed to be winding down (or up - it was a bit of a noise crescendo). Only recently got round to checking out an album and I'm right on board now.

Hadn't seen that Mogwai Fear Satan performance and it's a particularly good one! Watched their Glastonbury set on iplayer and that track sounded incredible. Took my girlfriend to see them on our Canada trip recently, she wasn't familiar with their stuff at all so when that song exploded she got the fright of her life. Even knowing what to expect (and when - the patented Braithwaite nod always gives it away) it still blows my mind.

GordyM

Going to see Babymetal on Monday and Can. Not. Wait! The online clips of their live shows have made it clear it's gonna be one hell of a performance.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Hawkmumbler

All my friends are going to Sonisphere this weekend but I decided to go on holiday instead. Anyone else going?