Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Love Anthrax. Hope you enjoy the gig.

Fingers crossed they play Belfast again soon.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Fungus on 26 January, 2017, 08:15:17 PM
The Flaming Lips might not be the best gig I've been to but probably was the funnest. Leave your brain at the door and enjoy!

It was brilliant - the unicorn, the showers of glitter and ticker tape with the huge beachballs were ace... but the show stopper was Wayne Zorbing across the crowd whilst singing Space Oddity in his giant inflatable ball... :P

I also managed to see The Blue Aeroplanes last month at the Leadmill, and they blew the socks off - with some young guns in the band alongside Gerald, it was the best I've ever seen them at 30 years young.

Now for the new Ride LP and tour fingers X'd!  :)

Fungus

Of course the Lips were brilliant! Nice one.
Also envious about Blue Aeroplanes, sounds grand...

Colin YNWA

Out of interest where did you see the Flips Jacqusie? I keep forgetting you live in the world's finest (steel) city. So figure it was near by?

So out of touch these days. Can't remember the last time I went the Leadmill!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 February, 2017, 08:53:41 PM
Out of interest where did you see the Flips Jacqusie? I keep forgetting you live in the world's finest (steel) city. So figure it was near by?

It was at Manchester Academy Colin - they only did a few dates this time round in the UK.

I don't mind heading off to Manc for gigs, I feel rather fortunate that including Sheff, Leeds, Nottingham and Manc are close by to get to see acts.

The Leadmill hasn't changed much & always has someone I want to go see every few months, then there is the O2 Acadamey, City Hall and The Arena (if you want to go and see Little Mix or somesuch...)

Mind you, saying that I'm off to see Iron Maiden there in a few months!

:)

Keef Monkey

Got a few things on the way to look forward to! Currently sitting on tickets for Depeche Mode (at the Barras no less!!!), Rob Zombie, Jamie Lenman, Paul Draper, Insane Clown Posse (yes, really, although it's not until November so the longest to wait) and the ArcTanGent festival.

There are possibly more that I'm forgetting, but it's looking like a good few months of gigs.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 March, 2017, 01:40:06 PM
Got a few things on the way to look forward to! Currently sitting on tickets for Depeche Mode (at the Barras no less!!!)
Some really cool stuff on in Glasgow next weekend. I'm not a huge Mode fan but that should be great.

It's been a slow start to the gigging year for me. In fact, Ennio Morricone last week might even have been the first. It was pretty cool hearing an 80 strong choir all doing the "Huh-HUH!" from Good, Bad & Ugly together, but the stuff from The Mission was the standout.

Starting to get a few dates in the old diary now. Colin Stetson the night before my birthday, Sleaford Mods a couple of weeks later then Afghan Whigs and John Cale later in the year.
We never really die.

Jacqusie

Currently sitting on tickets for Depeche Mode (at the Barras no less!!!),

There are possibly more that I'm forgetting, but it's looking like a good few months of gigs.

That's a great bag! Like the rest of us, you will be able to hear it back on 6 Music too - good effort. Much better venue to see DM than the London Staduim too. I'm hoping the announce some more dates for the tour in the UK for the rest of us.

I managed a sneaky Elbow gig at Doncaster Dome of all places in the week, which was up to their usual fine standard.

Really looking forward to Elvis Costello at Sheffield City Hall tomorrow, never seen him before after missing his gigs so many times & finally I'm thrilled to be going.  :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jacqusie on 19 March, 2017, 02:02:52 PM
Really looking forward to Elvis Costello at Sheffield City Hall tomorrow, never seen him before after missing his gigs so many times & finally I'm thrilled to be going.  :)

Shows how out of touch I am. Didn't realise Elvis Costello was playing City Hall. Never seen him and would love to!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 March, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 19 March, 2017, 02:02:52 PM

Shows how out of touch I am. Didn't realise Elvis Costello was playing City Hall. Never seen him and would love to!

He was very good and played a solo set for 2 and half hours! I was wondering if he would do a tribute to Chuck Berry and shure nuff he did 'Riding Along...' with Chucks old guitar.

To get the lowdown on Gigs Colin, I use the promoter website and get emails with announcements almost everyday so as to keep up with whose in town. Also checking the venue sites and flyers is always a good source too!  :)

radiator

Going to see the Game of Thrones Live Experience on Sunday night - can't wait!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Jacqusie

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 March, 2017, 10:16:37 AM
Got a few things on the way to look forward to! Currently sitting on tickets for Depeche Mode (at the Barras no less!!!)

and John Cale later in the year.

John Cale should be good, I've heard him on the radio a few times recently and he sounds in fine form still.

Albion

I've got a few gigs coming up soon.  :D

Hawkwind at Worthing or Dorking, not sure which yet but I will see them, for the 13th time.
Iron Maiden at the O2. Really loooking forward to this, I havent seen them since 2008.
King's X at Islington Assembly Hall. My favourite band and my 19th time seeing them.
Primus at the Roundhouse. Another big favourite of mine, I love everything Les Claypool does.
Flogging Molly at Kentish Town Forum.
Green Day and many many more at Hyde Park (My "sort of grandson"s" first gig).
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Sigur Ros in July. Haven't been this excited for a gig since Portishead