Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 June, 2014, 09:11:38 PM
Firekind, Glimmer Rats, Tyranny Rex, Meltdown Man, Vanguard (like Junker - poor Mutiny on the Bounty pastiche: but the McNeill art).

Already published as two EEs and then its own graphic novel, still available from all good bookstores!
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: Dan Banks on 20 June, 2014, 07:18:47 PM
I'd like to second the suggestion of the rest of the strontium dogs/tales from the doghouse/general alpha-verse stuff.

I'll third it.
High Moon is fantastic.
Would be nice to get the more rarely seen Durham Red / Strontium Dogs one-offs from the specials & annuals included too.

And the more I think about a Brigand Doom floppy, the more I want one.
Including the amazing episode by Greg Staples.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Dead Signal

Dinosty (with an introduction from Pat Mills)

Judge Dredd The Mrs Gunderson/Oola Blint/Otto Sump Collection.

ZenArcade

Aye, Dinosty - some of Langley's first work for 2000 AD. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

J.Smith

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 20 June, 2014, 10:08:53 PM
Dead Signal

Oh, that would be nice, especially if Go-Machine could be fit in too (can't remember the exact page numbers of both, though I know the latter was only three episodes in length, the former six or seven).

glassstanley

Thinking about the as yet unreprinted Strontium Dogs, isn't there a page that was printed with the wrong speech bubbles (from the Hammerstein/Dredd strip?) and has never seen a decent corrected reprint? There's also a page that was published with some sort of editorial stamp visible. Correct those and you have 2 USPs :)

Hawkmumbler

Theirs and idea. Amigo Indigo once said that their where no plans to include the Dredd/Hammerstein stiry. If thats the case, then at least give it a floppy.

Recrewt

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 June, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

I think this would be a really good one.  Now you mention it, I'm not sure I have seen the Greg Staples one.  The Dave D'Antiquis artwork was like nothing else I had ever seen before and definitely deserves a new release.

Richard

The Extreme Edition series finished eight or ten years ago, so there is no reason not to reprint stories in the Megazine supplements just because they appeared there first.

I second calls for Firekind, Shadows, The Dead, anythibg from Diceman and Finn book 2 (it seems mean to do book 1 and then stop!). And whatever is left of Armitage.

I would also like very much to have the two Judge Hershey stories by Igor Goldkind and Kevin Cullen. Both were very good, neither have been reprinted before, and the last panel of the first story seems to have had a speech bubble missing, which can hopefully be restored.

Richard

Oh and also the original Ulysses Sweet stories, the last remaining one or two Tales From the Doghouse stories to complete the series, and the original run of Tales From Mega-City One from 2000AD.

Link Prime

Quote from: Recrewt on 21 June, 2014, 12:13:53 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 20 June, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

I think this would be a really good one.  Now you mention it, I'm not sure I have seen the Greg Staples one.

T'was in one of the Sci-Fi specials I think.
And I agree about D'Antiquis- a talented monochrome art Droid.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

glassstanley

Thinking about it, some of those suggestions would sit well in a second volume of 2000ad presents Sci-Fi Thrillers.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: glassstanley on 21 June, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
Thinking about it, some of those suggestions would sit well in a second volume of 2000ad presents Sci-Fi Thrillers.

Yeeees! So much want!

Skullmo

Quote from: DarkDaysBish-OP on 19 June, 2014, 08:59:17 PM
Not sure if any of these have been reprinted yet, but I loved the art [and often the stories too]...

The Inspectre
Holocaust 12
Sancho Panzer
There's a lot of Missionary Man still unreprinted...
Less likely, but still worth a thought - a Mrs Gunderson collection?
Even less likely, a floppy of Hersheys & Dredds by Marc Wigmore [wonder whatever happened to him?]

I agree - there are some good stories and great art there. Marc Wigmore's work was really interesting.

I Would also love to see:
Deathwatch: Faust and Falsehood reprinted (but in black and white if at all possible) I seem to be the only fan of this series.
Calhab Justice (although the whole thing in a trade would be better)
Pan African Judges (again this would work as a trade)

And from 2000ad:
Timehouse (I am still pushing for this one)
Grudge Father
The Soul Gun stories (along with the believe it or nots)
Brigand Doom (Although this is a McKenzie story so unlikely) Luke Kirby I would like to see even more, and I would love to see this story finished
The Clown (and not just the first part of it again)
The rest of Finn (a must)
Babe Race 2000 (why not!)
Mean Arena (the remake - I actually remember enjoying it as a kid)
Bix Barton (and not just the first book again)
Skizz 3
Mambo

Please not Outlaw though

It's a joke. I was joking.