Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Started by Goaty, 07 July, 2014, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proteus4

Quote from: Rog69 on 14 October, 2014, 10:14:08 PM
Wow, that was a superb opener to the series and the best hour of TV I have seen in a long time.

I must admit to having a bit of a lump in my throat during the emotional scene when [spoiler]Daryl[/spoiler] is reunited with [spoiler]his crossbow[/spoiler].

Hahaha! Nice one.
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

ThryllSeekyr

I have seen this episode in bits n pieces and are yet to watch it in it's entirety.

[spoiler]I did notice that the bloke with the mullet who is supposed to have the all the answers, and kind of re-enforced this in the last episode by going on about his involvement with governments fight against virus's and was still thinking that he's still probably got no actual battery's in his walkie talkie radio and the this other fellow who was trying to keep Tyreese at bay by threatening to twist the limbs of Judith. What was his point other keeping big black dude outside.

I can under understand that last bit, but only real life and would just shoot him if had gun and not use the baby. Beside he and Carol are supposed to be food for the crows by now.
[/spoiler]

There's a picture's floating around Face-Book of a walker that a few people think is Andrea....

I think they shot her in the head before it could happen or I just heard it that way.

Not sure about her outfit, unless somebody has been knocking out walkers and changing their clothing. (Sic :o)

BTW, has anybody seen the Stephen King movie The Mist.

Both her and Carol appear in this and the latter right at the ending either before of after the former is shot while sitting in a car with the Punisher after see's the weird creatures are much, much,  bigger and nothing is ever going to be same again.

The shooting...a easy way out?

I wouldn't have shot myself, or tried to get way before he shoot me and cheer and be happy to be alive and free.

amines2058

Ummm.... should the above not be spoilered Thryllseeker, as you have just given away the ending of the movie 'The Mist' with rather large spoilers, plus images, in a thread about 'The Walking Dead'?
Luckily I have seen it and really enjoyed it but it would be a shame to spoil that ending (and what an ending) for someone else?
PS - Dale was in the Mist as well!

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry, bout that.....but thought you would have seen that one by now...most of you being fans of Thomas Jane - Dirty Laundry.

I noticed some person that looked like Dale and thought that would be too big coincidence and that both this film the series are linked aside from their deaths in this film.

Probably not so strange when this thing often happens with well actor/comedians always appearing together in the same films over and over again.

Kind of like Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.

Ghastly McNasty

Frank Darabont, Director of The Mist, was also the initial Director of The Walking Dead and would have a had a hand in the casting. Directors often have favourite actors they enjoy working with who respond well to their ideas. Explains why Tarantino kept giving Uma Thurman a job.

amines2058

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 October, 2014, 08:46:16 AM
Sorry, bout that.....but thought you would have seen that one by now...most of you being fans of Thomas Jane - Dirty Laundry.

I noticed some person that looked like Dale and thought that would be too big coincidence and that both this film the series are linked aside from their deaths in this film.

Probably not so strange when this thing often happens with well actor/comedians always appearing together in the same films over and over again.

Kind of like Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.

No offense taken mate, did just not want anyone else who may not have seen this yet to have it spoiled. Me I watched and loved it, the same as I watched and loved Dirty Laundry.  :)

Theblazeuk

Michonne's sword :( Where will it go? Poor little sword.

COMMANDO FORCES

An more relaxed episode this week, with a new character added, who may or may not have a mysterious back story!
By the way, the ending was enjoyable :-X

DaveGYNWA

Quite enjoyed that 2nd episode - lots of talky, not a lot of killy, and the pay-off at the end left me hungry for more of the same.  ;)
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Ghastly McNasty

Link Prime

Great opening episodes.

I'm please by the fact that Carl [spoiler]hasn't turned into a full blown psychopath yet[/spoiler], as he had in the comics by this stage.

Regarding Eugene- will they stick with the (admittedly lame) reveal that [spoiler]he's full of shite[/spoiler], or play his role [spoiler]'as advertised'[/spoiler] this time. I'd like to see something different.

ThryllSeekyr

Damn, missed the last two episodes, yet, I did get my dad to record the first one and will get a chance to catch up with the second one until the third is shown!

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 October, 2014, 11:47:06 AM
Great opening episodes.

I'm please by the fact that Carl [spoiler]hasn't turned into a full blown psychopath yet[/spoiler], as he had in the comics by this stage.

What do you mean he hasn't already....if saw him coming towards me, I won't do my best to avoid him!

Regarding Eugene- will they stick with the (admittedly lame) reveal that [spoiler]he's full of shite[/spoiler], or play his role [spoiler]'as advertised'[/spoiler] this time. I'd like to see something different.
[/quote]

While admittedly lame idea came from it's comic book graphic novel origins, I would like to something different happen as well.

Rog69

I kind of like that the writers of the show play it loose with weaving in the comic continuity, it can really add tension. Last weeks opener was a good example when (major comic spoiler) -[spoiler] they were tied up in a scene not to different to Glen's demise in the comic, as the guy stood behind him with the baseball bat I honestly didn't know which way it was going to go.[/spoiler]

Also the ending of this weeks episode with Bob getting his leg chomped was actually how (Another comic spoiler) -[spoiler]Dale went out in the comic, so I am guessing maybe Bob was actually bitten in the flooded basement and is on the turn.[/spoiler]

Theblazeuk

They wasted the "They don't know who they're messing with" line though. As in the TV show, that was followed by Rick et al being completely pwned and only saved by the lucky intervention of Carol.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html