Main Menu

Space-Engineers

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 July, 2014, 10:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

This was the third video I made and it's unfortunately not as good as the first one. (Which was lost when I accidently deleted everything on my larger hard-drive. Not to be confused with the second time I lost the second lot of videos I made when my hard-drive mysteriously vanished taking them with it!)  While the second one was which I found too embarrassing to upload and share.

The first video looked more epic than this one and didn't have the astro-engineer wearing that annoying yellow colour. It's rendering is very impressive though!

Here it is.....

Space-Engineers

IN this one I do the same thing I did in the lost video.....explore the red and blue ships and a few asteroids that were hollowed out and were filled with very natural looking tunnels and caverns.

These were truly amazing.....right down to the advanced look of their 3D rendering. I dare say, I found the detail here a tad more impressive than the asteroids in Elite-Dangerous!

It seems bigger inside when spelunking their interior. (Once again, the one in the first video was more magnificent!)

Like Dr-Who's -TARDIS.

Just imagine a Time-Lord with his own TARDIS assuming the shape of a much smaller version of one of these asteroids and it's insides a asteroid as well. Instead of the console...it's just a asteroid..... :D

I didn't do much here except explore space after I sussed out how to use the jet-pack properly in the previous video. (Which I deleted.) The cold loneliness of space mirrors my own existence. (Yet, it's less protracted!)  I still have to figure out how to build stuff as the title of the game implies. Daring to compare this with what I have seen in Elite-Dangerous. Admittedly, it's a less colourfully grey, but there is this greater feeling of depth with this almost 3D parallax effect. It looks very dynamic.

The attack of the firey meteors never occured in the first video. I think that one of the definable parameters found in the game-options menu. But I don't think that's really possible in the cold vacuum of space. So, I guess it may not be educational physics based game I expected.

Though, I wonder if successful mastery of this game bestows upon me the official tile of Engineer that some of my former flat-mates used to boost and go on and on and on about :lol: