Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I love the toe protection on the boots, it looks exactly right.

The way they've done the buckles on the shin guards/holsters looks very Cliff R to me.

I love the detail in the gloves, the loop hanging on the belt (for daystick?), the extra hands, and the spare mag and cuffs in addition to the Lawgiver, boot knife and daystick.

The shoulder Eagle is just too big.  It looks like it could lift Dredd out of an emergency situation and fly him away.  The badge chain shouldn't be silver.

The Lawmaster statue is the business!  I thought we were actually getting a bike for the action figure, but who can complain about this?  The pose and bike look great, and I love the working headlights.  It's massive too!  I'd prefer the reflections on the visor weren't painted on.

Better start saving the creds.  Planet Replicas better get that new helmet out smartish!  And where's that penguin???
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Forgot to add, I don't know if it's the lighting or what but the seam going under action Dredd's crotch looks a bit, er, camel toe.  That's just not right.

The Eagle shoulder pad on the bike Dredd is much better than on action Dredd, but the other shoulder pad and knee pads look too small flat.  Also the boot holster seems to have been replaced by a pouch, but otherwise, bike Dredd is teeth-suckingly fantastic in a "how-can-I-convince-the-missus" kind of way.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 October, 2014, 02:20:06 PM
Forgot to add, I don't know if it's the lighting or what but the seam going under action Dredd's crotch looks a bit, er, camel toe.  That's just not right.

The Eagle shoulder pad on the bike Dredd is much better than on action Dredd, but the other shoulder pad and knee pads look too small flat.  Also the boot holster seems to have been replaced by a pouch, but otherwise, bike Dredd is teeth-suckingly fantastic in a "how-can-I-convince-the-missus" kind of way.

There may be further tweaks to be made to the final Mezco Dredd. The Culture Shock statue is indeed very nice.

Expect (good) news on Dredd Penguin next week!

Misanthrope

QuoteThere may be further tweaks to be made to the final Mezco Dredd.

As long as they change the eagle, and nothing else, I will be happy.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah that eagle is deeply silly but it's a dream figure otherwise. Lovely.

8-Ball

Call me mad but I quite like that Eagle. In an early-nineties Greg Staples/Sean Phillips kind of way. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Misanthrope

The Batman figure is £59.99 from Forbidden Planet so chances are this will be the same.

I'm in two minds now.

Grugz

1/12 is about 6 inches innit?  my wife would kill me ,mind you it doesn't make the the star wars black series
seem to bad now!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

mimikeke

Completely unwarranted and unnecessary but I painted over it a little bit to show some edits I'd like to see if this isn't the final figure.  So take it with a grain of salt :)

The eagle is kinda iffy - didn't know quite what to do with it, probably if it had 3 "sections" the last section would be more equal.  I actually like the big eagle but I think the shape is weird. 

Left is original, right is edited.
-crotch is straighter
-torso is less hourglass shaped around the tummy....thought the original looked a bit girly
-made the chain gold
-made the belt buckle larger
-widened the helm at the bottom a little
-made the eagle head more eagley
-DEEPER grooves for the eagle.  Even if they didn't fix anything about the shape this would give it more interest.  Might be a photo lighting issue though.

Misanthrope

Quote from: Grugz on 12 October, 2014, 09:55:48 PM
1/12 is about 6 inches innit?  my wife would kill me ,mind you it doesn't make the the star wars black series
seem to bad now!

To be fair, I bet there are a lot more people buying the Star Wars figures than there will be buying Judge Dredd.

Stu101

Nice work mimikeke, I prefer your take on the figure, all valid alterations in my book (for what it's worth)...

Quote from: mimikeke on 12 October, 2014, 10:52:38 PM
Completely unwarranted and unnecessary but I painted over it a little bit to show some edits I'd like to see if this isn't the final figure.  So take it with a grain of salt :)

The eagle is kinda iffy - didn't know quite what to do with it, probably if it had 3 "sections" the last section would be more equal.  I actually like the big eagle but I think the shape is weird. 

Left is original, right is edited.
-crotch is straighter
-torso is less hourglass shaped around the tummy....thought the original looked a bit girly
-made the chain gold
-made the belt buckle larger
-widened the helm at the bottom a little
-made the eagle head more eagley
-DEEPER grooves for the eagle.  Even if they didn't fix anything about the shape this would give it more interest.  Might be a photo lighting issue though.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sure once the tweaks have been put in place, if there are any, this will be a big seller.

I'm wondering if the mark on Joe's lip is a scar or just an image fault!

Misanthrope

QuoteI'm wondering if the mark on Joe's lip is a scar or just an image fault!

I think it is a scar. It seems to be there on every image of all three figures I have seen so far.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dash Decent

Great work, mimikeke, but while you were there couldn't you have turned that frown upside down?

Seriously though, I like all your refinements.  I would also go so far as to suggest they remove the painted-on reflections from his visor.  It's a part of Dredd when rendered as an illustration, but he's got a 'proper' tinted visor here that is bound to catch the light naturally.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll