Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

Well I have been slated by 3A fans due to my high praise of Mezco. However that is easy to understand when I have So many Mezco Dredd's IN HAND! With 3A only teasers.

I always thought Mezco was stockier and I DO like the 3a lean n mean look But alas still waiting.

You know I stripped my Mezco Dredds and then tortured them to give better articulation to thighs and torso. Also switched the dreadful eagle they supplied him with.

I am Black Uniform Fan so all disco Dredds uniforms purchases had been about the acc's. Then experimented with RIT DYED to Black (all are still perfect), actually I think better than normal black due to the sheen Disco Blue had.

Surprised with Mezco with 2 types of helmet designs but hey ho.
The Lawmasters well only got the Black one but if I am honest sorely tempted on blue metalic. My Dredd head won't let me though lol
Sat humming and arring for an hr over the BBTS sale mezco disco twin set. Alas not.

teckno viking

Well just went and got myself this Marvel Mezco One:12 figure.
Look at his pants and tell me you don't see what MEZCO missed out on making.

Mezco One:12 PX NYCC Shadowland DareDevil usally retailing if you can find them for £130ish onwards. I scored this for £80.

This bad boy is being turned into a DREDD 2012 figure.  Already have a 2012 Lawmaster in the pipe from when I first saw this figure and just knew I had to get him to customise.

ted5536

Bought my first Mezco figure, the cursed earth Dredd. Really tempted to get the Lawmaster also, is the front part as bulky as it looks in the pictures?

teckno viking

It Is indeed and congrats. We are spoilt now with Mezco & 3A Dredd goodness. Lawmasters being a personal choice which.

The figures from both have Pro's & Cons. Lawmasters I keep saying Do Not compare as two completely different Models. However Both are awesome too for various reasons.

TheTooN

Gratz fella ! Just remember the blue Lawmaster isnt sold separately, I ended up with 2 copies of Disco Dredd by getting the figure first. Only Lawmaster sold on its own is the black one.

Tekno....what was the issue with Daredevils pants ?

ted5536

Ended up grabbing a Lawmaster also can't wait to get them and compare to the three a stuff. Hoping mezco deluxe Punisher next year can ride the Lawmaster.

ted5536

Lawmaster and Mezco Dredd came in, big fan of the Lawmaster thing is a beast. Dredd is solid, but def prefer the 3A design. They did a great job with belt being able to hold the grenades, and the Lawmaster lights are great love the simple button system, much better then the 3A button system.

teckno viking

The Lawmasters from both 3A & Mezco only similarities end with the name really LOL.
Two completely different Bikes but both with Pros & Cons.

One thing I have noticed the Brits/Internationals (None US) seem to Truly go for the classic Design from 3A whilst the majority of Yanks go for (unsurprisingly) Bigger and Badder looking Mezco.

I Say enjoy them Both for what they are, Awesome parts of anyones 1/12th DREDD collection or even Just apart of your collection.

The figures themselves are again both Pros & Cons. Think Mezco has Greater Upper Body (even if bulked up torso) articulation over 3As restricted Upper body.
However the reverse lower with 3A leading the way and having to do Dremel work on Mezco to even get him to be able to go to a draw pose (from boot holster).

Though again Enjoy them both is my Motto or as I plan see about combining or even coming up with a new option that maximises Max articulation Top & Bottom and utilise 3A & Mezco parts for it.

ted5536

Yeah definitely love both takes, and very happy I grabbed the Mezco ones also. All the pictures from Toon and Teckno sold me on needing the cursed earth Dredd so I make a diorama for him to team up with Mad Max. But I feel if you buy Dredd you gotta go for the Lawmaster also cannot leave him without a ride.

jacob g

Quote from: ted5536 on 23 December, 2016, 04:04:14 PMso I make a diorama for him to team up with Mad Max

Waitaminute... 6 inch Mad Max action figure? The N2 Toys one?
margaritas ante porcos

ted5536

Quote from: jacob g on 23 December, 2016, 04:23:50 PM
Quote from: ted5536 on 23 December, 2016, 04:04:14 PMso I make a diorama for him to team up with Mad Max

Waitaminute... 6 inch Mad Max action figure? The N2 Toys one?

Yeah the N2 ones, not even close in quality to Mezco and 3A, but he is basically the same exact size on the 3A Dredd so little bit smaller then the judges. I got the whole Road Warrior line they did, Lord Humongous is same size as the Dark Judges so works out well.

jacob g

margaritas ante porcos

ted5536

They are perfect size, just got to find the best way to build a clear base with sand and maybe a wall with some buildings behind it for cursed earth fun.

teckno viking

Colour me Impressed :D

Plus MSG Mecha too & I presume a Godzilla?

ted5536

That is a metal gear rex by 3A, I got the Ray also they did a great job with them. Would love something Dredd related in that size. That is the new US Godzilla, Dredds backup.