Main Menu

Deadpool - Dirty Laundry.

Started by Goaty, 30 July, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Remember great Dirty Laundry of The Punisher few years; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Now here Deadpool which was at SDCC last weekend! It as Deadpool Test Footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_gdaxQTM9I

I LOVE IT! With great CGI film, hope it will be full film, in real?

Hurry up for Dredd's Dirty Laundry!

Steve Green

It depends.

That test has been around since 2011.

Fox have the movie rights for Deadpool, it depends if they think an R rated movie would be a success and I can't imagine they'd go full CGI either.

Sure it has had lots of positive reaction, but so did Dredd at SDCC.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 30 July, 2014, 08:33:00 PM
Now here Deadpool which was at SDCC last weekend! It as Deadpool Test Footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_gdaxQTM9I[/url

It was first rumoured to exist a few years ago but as far as I know this wasn't shown at SDCC and was leaked online: first as a bad monitor recording then as a legit release by Blur studio who made it as a test in 2011.

Making a full feature for about $30-50 million with Ryan Reynolds wouldn't be a huge risk for FOX and it might fill a Blade sized hole in the current US market.

ThryllSeekyr

Goaty

Well it's work as Deadpool get a movie out in early 2016.

So come on, Dredd - Dirty Laundry!

mimikeke

I'm scratching my head as to why Deadpool is coming out as a PG-13 movie.  I also hope they make it a team-up like Cable/Deadpool.  Why anyone wants to hear Deadpool mouthing off for 2 hrs by himself, at PG-13 no less, is beyond me.  I do like the character....I just think he comes off better on paper than IRL.  I did read the script that got leaked a couple years ago and it was terrible. 

I also don't have a lot of faith in Fox, their X-Men movies are "ok" and they tend to shove in too much story/characters to the point where none of them matter.  I also don't think they do a good job of showing off anyone's powers.  But maybe they'll prove me wrong and it'll be great! I'd hate for Ryan Reynolds to have 2 failed superhero franchises.

Also, I think Deadpool only happened because BOTH the actor and the studio were petitioning for the movie to be made.  I'm afraid Karl Urban without any financial backing won't exactly equal a sequel.

Link Prime

Quote from: mimikeke on 22 September, 2014, 09:14:06 PM
I also hope they make it a team-up like Cable/Deadpool.

I would absolutely love for that to happen.
It was the greatest comic that no-one read.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: mimikeke on 22 September, 2014, 09:14:06 PM
I'm scratching my head as to why Deadpool is coming out as a PG-13 movie.

That Deadpool test-footage all the fans were losing their shizz over would more than likely be rated PG13 as it's fairly bloodless; if they're happy with that, I don't see how stretching it out to 90 minutes would be much of a problem. If FOX want to have their cake and eat it, they'll do what they did with The Wolverine: release it PG13 in the cinema, then an unrated cut on home video.

Quote from: mimikeke on 22 September, 2014, 09:14:06 PMAlso, I think Deadpool only happened because BOTH the actor and the studio were petitioning for the movie to be made.  I'm afraid Karl Urban without any financial backing won't exactly equal a sequel.

I think it was Reynolds, the scriptwriters and the director (with test footage from his commercial/post-house) begging FOX -the studio- to make a move on a property FOX own.

Urban & DNA have both expressed they would make another film, if they could get the money from IMGlobal.

Heath C Ackley

Writer Rhett Reese has tweeted that no decision made yet as to a rating.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Keef Monkey

Was trying to remember where I knew the name Blur Studios - they've done the 'remastered' CGI cutscenes on the upcoming Halo trilogy collection for XB1. There was a trailer of the cinematics and they've done an absolutely incredible job.

Goaty

Now here's Ryan Reynolds in full Deadpool costume!

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Goaty

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Lady Warp Spasm

Okay, I knew the photo Ryan Reynolds was referencing in that hilarious Deadpool costume reveal, but it took me until just now to understand why he choose Burt Reynolds. Riffing on the same last name...

I am not a DP fan, but this looks like it could very, very funny. If the trailers match the test and stuff like this image, I'll definitely see it.