Main Menu

Deadpool - Dirty Laundry.

Started by Goaty, 30 July, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Seems to be no stopping it.

"20th Century Fox's Deadpool is bigger than anyone thought possible. After posting the biggest opening day in February with $47.5M, the Marvel character also scored the second biggest day ever for the month with an estimated $41.88M. This now raises Deadpool's 3-day take to $133.4M, making it the second best debut ever for the first installment of a superhero property behind Disney/Marvel's The Avengers ($207.4M). The Tim Miller-directed movie's 4-day is now projected at $151M per industry calculations; some studios have it as high as $155M over FSSM. Typically fanboy films are frontloaded seeing drops of at least a third in their second day. Deadpool dipped -12%. This title is hitting some sort of zeitgeist with moviegoers. "

http://deadline.com/2016/02/deadpool-zoolander-2-how-to-be-single-valentines-weekend-box-office-1201699895/

GordonR

I'm still trying to come to terms with the idea that Ryan Reynolds has actually starred in a hit movie.

Maybe there's hope for Karl Urban yet.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 February, 2016, 06:16:44 PM
I'm glad it's doing well, I have a soft spot for Tim Miller, who runs Blur Studios (They do a ton of CGI cut scenes for games) and had been trying to get into doing features for years.

Didn't realize he was a Blur guy, they're cutscenes are some of the most incredible looking out there. The ones they did for the Halo 2 XB1 version are genuinely the best looking CG scenes I think I've ever seen.

They also did the infamous trailer for Dead Island (infamous because the trailer was fantastic and got a ton of buzz but the game wasn't so grand).

Going to catch Deadpool on Saturday, but already great to see it doing so well given the certificate. Bodes well for future attempts at similarly off-beat comic book properties.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: GordonR on 14 February, 2016, 12:16:16 PM
I'm still trying to come to terms with the idea that Ryan Reynolds has actually starred in a hit movie.

Maybe there's hope for Karl Urban yet.

Imagine how Ryan Reynolds feels!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

Shows what I know - was absolutely certain this would flop!

I'm still giving it a swerve as it really doesn't look like my cup of tea, but it's always good to see a hard-R rated movie doing big numbers (and a relatively modestly budgeted genre movie at that), if only to send Hollywood types the message that not everything has to be sanitised and PG-13/12A-friendly.

Goaty

So wonder what marketing team Dredd got..?

Ryan Reynolds: How's this for meta? The women and men of Fox Marketing. Their work on #Deadpool changed the game.

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

I just had a thought which for my brain is always impressive: DREDD VS DEADPOOL-Bad assessed Movie ever!
Ultimate Lawman vs ultimate ninja killer or killer ninja or whatever Deadpool is.

Also Fox marketing? Didn't someone photoshop out their horns, pitchforks and tails ?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

At  least someone's film is making money. *sniff* All credit to them though.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Link Prime

Finally got to see it last night, and I wasn't disappointed.
So many little nuggets of funny I can barely recall them all. They had me at "Written By: The Real Heroes Here".

I was surprised by exactly two things; [spoiler]Hugh Jackman didn't show up for a cameo[/spoiler] and it turns out Vanessa [spoiler]doesn't have mutant powers like her comic book counterpart, Copycat[/spoiler].
I genuinely, up until the last 60 seconds, thought that the punchline was going to be that [spoiler]she was fugly too, and that the gorgeous face of Morena Baccarin was simply a facade (in the comics Vanessa can change her appearance, kinda like Mystique).[/spoiler]

They should've went with that. I'm the Real Hero Here, Gruddamit!

Tiplodocus

She did have a line that was something like "I've played many roles" which could be taken in the context of dirty foreplay or a reference to her changeling abilities.

But I remembered her name as Valerie so obviously wasn't paying that much attention.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 22 February, 2016, 08:03:05 PM
I just had a thought which for my brain is always impressive: DREDD VS DEADPOOL-Bad assessed Movie ever!
Ultimate Lawman vs ultimate ninja killer or killer ninja or whatever Deadpool is.

Also Fox marketing? Didn't someone photoshop out their horns, pitchforks and tails ?

We did get that Dredd vs Lobo comic, pretty similar.  :D

Mardroid

I watched this tonight.

Entertaining, funny and silly. The last is not a bad thing.

I'm not sure why Colosus was metal all the time (wasn't that a kind of sheath he adopts at will) but I guess it was amusing seeing a metal guy eating cereal.

There wasn't a whole lot to the story, but I guess there didn't really need to be.

Goaty

I am sure many of you see that appears today as it was should be appeared before Logan at cinema.

https://youtu.be/wLeGWcVeIZ4