Main Menu

THIS IS SERIOUS. I WILL WRITE A FULL DREDD SCREENPLAY!

Started by Thread Zero, 26 October, 2001, 03:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

The new site design is on limited release at the moment. I have no idea how come you got a sneak peek. I still need to rewrite the classifieds before the new site can be released generally.

Wake

Phuz

Oh come one I?m not suggesting censoring every subject that may be insensitive just pointing out that in this present climate a film that starts with the mass destruction of New York is quite tasteless.

Okay if you are suggesting that the timeline on this site is not the ?official? history then check out your back issues. If the Atomic Wars created Mega City 1 how come Booth is given the famous ?judgement of Solomon? by Chief Judge Solomon in 2071 a year after the Atomic Wars (prog 68) when before him there was Chief Judge Goodman and Fargo who created the Judge System. Also the whole Atomic Wars was started by a power struggle between Booth and the Judges (again prog 68).  Plus the small fact Dredd was clone from Fargo DNA in 2066 when Fargo had died years before, so how chould he have created the Judge System in 2070. The timeline on this site is lifted from the Dredd role playing game, they didn?t make it up, they took the info from 2000AD. It?s all there if you look though the issues.

I suggest you do a bit more research about the formation of the Mega Cites and the Judge system. Arrogantly stating you know the facts when you clearly don?t doesn?t do your reputations as a screenwriter of worth any good.

I?m making no comment as to your abilities as a screenwriter because apart from a few ideas you?ve thrown around I haven?t read any of your work. I will only make comments when I?ve read your work. All I?m doing is pointing out you have your facts wrong about the Dredd back history.

May I suggest you post some of your current work, that will make all those unbelievers shut up :)

JP

Matt

Wake I keep getting the new design after I post a message & return to the message board. Still looks good though. Can't wait to see the finished site.

MATT

mark xiii

I'm getting the little sneak preview too - Nice to see Jock getting the limelight :)

Looks good, Wake.

Wake

I've worked out why you (and anyone else using a form on the site) was getting a preview - and put a stop to it. Sorry. Glad you like the look of the new design though.

Thread Zero

Is the Judge Dredd of prog 68 written by Pat Mills?

Sorry I can't get it out right now.
I will check later!

If it is, it is not the official Dredd history.
That would be only by Wagner.

Yes, I know Wagner accepts Mills' Return of Rico storyline in Dredd continuity but the episode of 0z Prog 559 Part 15 seems to suggest Mega City 1 suffered great loss in some global war. This contradicts what has been told earlier - that Mega City 1 escaped atomic attack.

I think until the definitive history is told we will never know the truth.

As for my New York scene, it was not intended to be insensitive. Merely as a way to show the contrast between the old New York and the new sector that occupies part of the big Meg.
But you have a fair point I guess.

scojo

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

let me add my bit, it does look great the preview, looks more like the magazine thean the site currently does, congrats
Member No. 10

Phuz

You?ve lost me, stories only written by John Wagner are the only ?official? Dredd? So anything not written by him didn?t really happen? I?m sorry but that comment is lubricious, you are either taking the piss or you spend your spare time bouncing off rubber walls in a nice padded cell.

Just to follow this through, yes Pat Mills did write prog 68 which also contains the first appearances of President Booth, Chief Judge Solomon and the Atomic Wars, which means according to you aren?t the official history, so never happened that way.

Also I?ll think you?ll find that the ?wars? that Chief Judge Silver refers to in prog 559 are the Volgan wars and the chaos of Mega City 1 as the Judge System was first taking control, hence the appearance of Judge Fargo.

To suggest that Dredd can be divided into Wagner and non-Wagner is probably the strangest thing I?ve ever heard. Wagner maybe at the heart of it all but without the input and work of all the other early Dredd writers, especially Pat Mills Dredd wouldn?t have developed into the character he is today.

For god?s sake Pat Mills even came up with Dredd?s name?

JP

W. R. Logan

>That is not the official Dredd history as written by John Wagner.
>
>Lets stick to the real facts as written by John Waner.

I'll think you'll find that John Wagner has a hard time remembering the facts sometimes.
John really couldn't give a toss for continuity and would be quite happy for Dredd to go on forever.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_3925466/Class+Of+%2779/__tn_Dredd+by+Mike+McMahon.jpg?">

Mk13

Well, it seems the cat's well and truly out of the bag about our little redesign.

Plaudits must go to Craig Grannell for the design, and to Wake for assembling the whole thing and making it all work.

Mk13 - who now sees the lovely new design wherever he goes on the site...