Main Menu

star wars battlefront "leaked footage"

Started by Grugz, 19 August, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Just imagine a Ewok Jedior even a Sith-Lord  :P

Radbacker

QuoteThe good thing about the DICE multiplayer games is the squad dynamic. If you get a bunch of pals playing different classes squadding up you are unstoppable. I can't shoot for shit, but I can heal, revive and plant mines like the best of them, so when in a team of assault and engineer,that communicates well, gameplay takes on a whole new dimension.

Plus DICE are good at the semi-destructible environments, meaning you can change tactics on the fly, going through buildings instead of around them to avoid hotspots and choke points.

Finally, the sheer variety of vehicles generally available on each map, all with strengths and weaknesses, add to the fun.

Every DICE multiplayer game I've played, and in particular played squadded up with buddies, has been an absolute blast. I've been playing BF4 on and off for over a year now, and still ain't bored of it!

I'm hoping Star Wars Battlefront has all of the above, plus new dynamics through a variety of sci-fi style classes, plus with what looks to be a totally incredible Star Wars skin.

In summary, I am probably more excited about this game than I am the new film.

all this and more Monkey, like Radiator I was not a deathmatch multiplayer fan but my first brushings with Battlefield Bad Company 2 changed all that, I had dabbled in COD's before but as Radiator mentions too fast and all the same, BF is the complete experience, having an off day and cant hit a wall at 10m, go lay some mines out and spend your time repairing vehicles, find a nest of good guy snippers and throw them some ammo, hell just use C4 to drop annoying buildings that enemy snipers are camping on (even better find some of those camping snipper dogs sneak up and drop some C4 on them :)) it truly is a game for all seasons, putting a lovely Starwars skin on it may just make it my favourite game ever!!!

CU Radbacker

Goaty

Goaty

Bad news, there won't be single player campaign.

Good news, we playing this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqqwZGNHPg

ThryllSeekyr

I have visions of small groups of Ewoks force leaping into battle with clubs of wood.  As they almost magically ignite with flames appearing to spread from halt to tip.

Kind of like that bit from Eragon when the young hero's mentor did the same thing with his sword.

Because they just don't have the tech to make their own light-sabres. I figured they would optimise.

I think somebody agrees.....

Then I thought about Cloned-Ewok-Troopers wearing the white-plate-armour.....

Maybe the armour doesn't fit properly.

Timothy

Satanist

Had a quick blast of this last night. Looks lovely and when you see Vader striding towards you its proper shityourpants time.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

So everybody is playing this and might I have ago once I get the download to work. It's on Origin, and I had an account there ever since I brought Sims Four. Wonder my copy of that game is now. I just have'nt played since a short while after installing it and then having to uninstall it again.

Getting back on subject.....

This sounds interesting and I at loss for wether this picture here is actual a photo of young Skywalker.....

I realise it couldn't be for obvious reasons and that this level of realism in games is also actually a bit of a worry. it's opening another avenue for fraud ...people can be replaced so easily by pixels now.

As for the beta release...am I missing anything.

shaolin_monkey

Sadly I was away this weekend (well, not sadly actually - had an awesome time) so I missed the majority of the Beta.  However, I did manage to try out the two multiplayer modes last night. 

It has to be said, Walker Assault on Hoth is just bloody brilliant!!  My daughter had a go too, and squealed with delight every time an AT-AT or AT-ST hoved into view.

I totally agree with the above re Vader - he force choked my buddy then slashed me with the saber.  It was a real sphincter loosening moment.

I didn't get a chance to try out any vehicles, which was a shame - I'm really looking forward to the Fighter Squadron element.  I always thought the Star Wars universe would lend itself well to a dogfighting gameplay kinda thing.

ThryllSeekyr

How do I apply for this, or is it too later. All I know is that anybody can play this. No restriction as far as I know.

shaolin_monkey

The beta in the UK finished yesterday - I'm presuming that might be similar to the US.

Keef Monkey

Managed to play about an hour of the beta, it was fun and pushed my Star Wars excitement buttons, but it's not the kind of shooter I can see myself ever being good at! In those frantic big skirmish games I tend to just die a lot without contributing, which can be depressing.

Grugz

no single player? didn't I read you can play solo (pun absolutely intended,sorry)  with bots as your team mates ,I don't want to sign up for gold just to play one game (two if you count elder scrolls online) ,i'll be spending me game virtual shares to pre order fallout 4, so may hang on til this has been out a bit...

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Grugz on 14 October, 2015, 12:18:41 PM
no single player? didn't I read you can play solo (pun absolutely intended,sorry)  with bots as your team mates ,I don't want to sign up for gold just to play one game (two if you count elder scrolls online) ,i'll be spending me game virtual shares to pre order fallout 4, so may hang on til this has been out a bit...

Yeah, there are a few single player modes - although there was only one on the Beta. It was pretty good - the usual fighting off increasingly harder waves of Imperials. It was single player and co-op.

Keef Monkey

Ah, I didn't even spot that option, wish I'd tried it now! A Gears style horde mode in the Star Wars universe could be amazing. Holding off increasingly tough and insane waves of imperials, with the walkers and stuff coming in late-on...yeah that could be my cup of tea.