Main Menu

Star Trek: Axanar

Started by Proudhuff, 25 August, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Even if they attain their main goal, they'll still have to move.

JOE SOAP

He's asking Star Trek fans to pay his personal debts. Total crook.

CrazyFoxMachine

It's a thin line of decency this crowdfunding lark... I remember the Axe Cop guy tried to kickstart his wedding once and on the Q & A there was a line like: "But you've just signed a deal with Fox and Dark Horse - surely you can afford to pay for your own wedding? Well yes, but the time that money takes to accumulate is longer than we can be bothered to wait. We want our wedding ASAP"  :-\

Steve Green

He's given up on the indiegogo.

The facilities and the new studio he was trying to set up are being taken over by the Landlord.

http://www.axanarproductions.com/moving-at-warp-speed-an-update-on-the-past-three-weeks/

JOE SOAP

So not only have they ended up producing no film but also no studio from the original campaigns. $1.4 million well spent.

Steve Green

Yeah, it's baffling - heard there was actually a bump in donations after this news broke.

So he's got these half-finished sets which he's going to have to find a home for or junk, and burnt through $1.4m with one scene to show for it.

The guy behind Prelude has washed his hands of him, saying that he warned him not to do this - and people still give him money?

Mardroid

Hmm. Nice wooshy spaceship stuff.

Monologues were a bit cliche and that smug look at the end after staring at a shirt* for ages... not so nice.

*Okay I know it's actually a star-fleet uniform, and I guess he's feeling all prideful of what it represents but STOP IT!  :lol:

Magnetica

So new Star Trek fan film guidelines allow for two 15 minute episodes apparently. Given that I don't really see the point- there can never be an Axanar series....

Steve Green

Yeah, that's the guy who has been running the Axanar show, Alec Peters. The smirk seems to sum up everything about the whole thing.

It was never meant to be a series, but a feature - it's not going to be that either, although there has been ducking and diving like having someone else use the sets to shoot another short called interlude to Axanar.

Professor Bear

Did anyone ever check out Star Trek: Renegades?  It was a proposed fan-made web series featuring lots of Trek veterans like Walter Koenig, Tim Russ and Robert Picardo as aged versions of their characters from the various Trek shows, and managed one feature-length episode before the Trek fan-movie guidelines kicked in - at which point they had to strip out every last legally-distinct Star Trek element and relaunch as plain old Renegades.

The latter might be worth a look for anyone wanting to check out Nichelle Nichols (now retired from acting) and Aaron Eisenberg's last go-round with Trek, but objectively, there's some serious Blake's 7 vibes coming off it once the Trek trappings are gone, and I mean that only in a good way.

Steve Green

Cheers, I'd seen the first one and knew they'd de-Trekked it - there's a trailer for part 2, but seems to have disappeared otherwise.