Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

It's amazing that he been work on it for last two years and no-one knows what it is, or it Live-Action or animated! Just amazing!

Heath C Ackley

Absolutely great news. I loved how he approached the genre in the other two films and so I'm looking forward to  his take on the Dark Judges.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Zarjazzer

Marvellous news for fans. Looking forward to it.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Beadle68

Just brilliant news, hoping its live action as I loved dirty laundry just captured the essence of frank castle perfectly  :)

Fragminion

I put my vote in for an Animated Movie version.

Steve Green

It's going to be interesting for a number of reasons.

Animation isn't cheap unless it's more the 'motion comic' limited animation - I hope it's more than taking Judge Death/Death lives and making a motion comic of that.

Also the fuzzy relationship between Adi and the production team, he's not had any previous connection (apart from an actor) to the franchises in the bootleg universe.

I wonder if he's got a tacit OK from them or not...

Apestrife

The bootleg movies of his are ace, especially the Venom one. Can't wait to see Adi's take on the Dark judges  :D!!!

JOE SOAP

I'm assuming even with his previous connection that, with a nod and a wink, it falls under *not for profit fan-film* - which it essentially is - and that if it is animated, or a hybrid, he's gone for something closer to the comic interpretation of Judge Dredd rather than DNA Dredd so as not to impinge on any Dark Judge plans or visuals for *theoretical* sequels.

Mark Taylor

Of course, now that this has arrived following IDW's "The American Way of Death" plotline, I'm sure we can look forward to some American fans' whinging comments along the lines of, "It sucked! Where was [spoiler]Judge Choke?[/spoiler] Where was [spoiler]Judge Metastasis[/spoiler]?" ::)

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 08 October, 2014, 08:06:12 AM
Of course, now that this has arrived following IDW's "The American Way of Death" plotline, I'm sure we can look forward to some American fans' whinging comments along the lines of, "It sucked! Where was [spoiler]Judge Choke?[/spoiler] Where was [spoiler]Judge Metastasis[/spoiler]?" ::)
I doubt that. And there are probably more of you reading the US Dredd comic than us anyway!  :P I'm not reading it.

Good news, always love me some Dark Judges!

glassstanley

We don't know that it won't be based on the IDW Dark Judges  :o

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mark Taylor

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 08 October, 2014, 10:48:16 PMI doubt that.

I really don't. This is t'internet. Anything that can possibly be whinged about will be, without regard for logic or reason. As Dredd might say, "It's the Law". We may well escape it on this forum, but out there in the Internet wildernesses - no chance.

Goaty

Quick interview with Adi Shankar before NYCC.

http://screenrant.com/dredd-miniseries-dark-judges-nycc-adi-shankar/

Earlier in the week, we learned that you were planning to release a  Dredd 'Dark Judges' miniseries online. Can we expect a sneak peek at NYCC?

Yes. Hell yes.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex