Main Menu

Bring Back Cursed Earth Koburn!

Started by The Sherman Kid, 05 November, 2014, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Not much to add beyond that  :lol:

Loved it, seems to have been a long time since we've seen this fantastic character. Plenty of scope for more stories and of course Carlos MUST be the one to bring him to the pages of the Megazine.

Fingers crossed (you know it makes sense ;).

dweezil2

Yeah, it was great stuff!

Hope there's more planned!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proudhuff

Post D0C and the Mutie Townships would add an interesting slant to Koburn, Come on Tharg get the GRennie droid back in harness even if it means an extra oil ration!
DDT did a job on me

GordonR

No plans to bring back Koburn, Earthlets.  I feel he's kind of had his day.

Carlos and I have done a Dredd story called El Maldito for the Megazine that homages another favourite old character of Carlos's.  No idea when it'll be appearing, but it's almost certainly the last Dredd story I'll do.

I will be returning to the Dreddverse, though, with a new series with Lee Carter - title currently embargoed - that'll be running next year.

I, Cosh

I'd be up for more of this too. Not sure if it's likely in the near future. Isn't there a new Rennie/Ezquerra series starting in the Meg soon?
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 05 November, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Carlos and I have done a Dredd story called El Maldito for the Megazine that homages another favourite old character of Carlos's.  No idea when it'll be appearing, but it's almost certainly the last Dredd story I'll do.

I think you should see how many classic Battle strips you can Cursed-Earth-ify...

When a Hotdog Run goes terribly wrong, Cadet Barley Chourne finds himself in an extended conflict with mutant tribe The Hunz. Be here next month for... BARLEY'S WAR!

I'm sure Pat would take it with the grace and good humour for which he's legendary.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Tiplodocus

I loved that strip - El Mestizo was it? Such a great change of scene for the war comics I was reading at the time. Carlos should just be made to draw gunslingers forever. And people throwing bolas.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 05 November, 2014, 01:10:53 PM

I loved that strip - El Mestizo was it? Such a great change of scene for the war comics I was reading at the time. Carlos should just be made to draw gunslingers forever. And people throwing bolas.

No one does true-grit like Mr Ezquerra.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 November, 2014, 12:36:06 PM
I'd be up for more of this too. Not sure if it's likely in the near future. Isn't there a new Rennie/Ezquerra series starting in the Meg soon?

Cosh, you have to take the GReenie droid off your ignore list!
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

No plans to bring back Koburn, Earthlets.  I feel he's kind of had his day.

You could do El Maldito Tierra Koburn

Steve Green

Wasn't Koburn left on a bit of a 'To be continued' with the Gila Munja?

IronGraham

I'd like a megazine reprint of his stories that weren't collected in the carlos ezquerra collection.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 November, 2014, 04:32:38 PM
Wasn't Koburn left on a bit of a 'To be continued' with the Gila Munja?
Exactly what I was thinking. I loved that story.

Albion

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 05 November, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
I loved that strip - El Mestizo was it?

Indeed it was, and here he is in my commission from Carlos. Apparently it was the first time Carlos had drawn him since El Mestizo finished.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.