Main Menu

Suicide Squad has (most of) its cast

Started by DaveGYNWA, 03 December, 2014, 09:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteI don't think this is the actual look of the Joker in the film, it's probably just some marketing thing. The only thing in the photo that is consistent with the leaked set pictures is the green hair.

Pretty sure it is the look they're going with - though I wouldn't be at all surprised if the negative response sees them scrambling to change it to something less lame.

QuoteIf you play it like Ledger's version you'd just be accused of doing a poor impression of Ledgers Joker which is a problem to start with. So you have to change it into your version of it since it's a different script etc

Well obviously. The joker character is pretty malleable and can stand up to pretty diverse interpretations. Doesn't change the fact that this one looks embarrassingly shit.

The look they're going for could potentially work (I actually think the grill is a pretty neat spin), but imo it needs rethinking, starting with those laughably bad tattoos. Get a proper tatto artist to design something cool and less contrived, for example.

Apestrife

Reminds me a bit of the Joker from Batman RIP.

Btw. Seems like they'll include Johnny Frost (from Brian Azzarello's Joker) in Suicide Squad. Wouldn't mind if the ending of Joker made it into the film, in one way or another.

locustsofdeath!

The tattoos are a bit too self-aware, imo. Would a madman like the Joker set out to establish an...image?

Goaty

Dark Jimbo

:lol:

Well there you go, says it all really.
@jamesfeistdraws

Keef Monkey

Can't see the logic of them releasing that image at all then! Given people are waiting to see what Leto's joker will look like, given the past history of fan reactions to comic book movie reveals, given the fact they probably spent a while picking the perfect shot to really maximize their big reveal - to release something that isn't representative just seems astonishingly misguided and stupid.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

M.I.K.

Got loads of folk talking about the film though, didn't it?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Keef Monkey

The Deadshot leak seems a little embarrassing too as it's apparently just a paintball mask off the internet - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/01/you-can-get-your-very-own-suicide-squad-deadshot-movie-mask

Unless they're just going for a 'real world stuff you can buy' look for the movie, but if they're going for something like that I feel like Arrow already did a really good Deadshot look in that vein -

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 01 May, 2015, 01:55:55 PM
The Deadshot leak seems a little embarrassing too as it's apparently just a paintball mask off the internet

I doubt that's Deadshot - too short for Will Smith (or his stunt-double) who is also in the same scene photos but in civvies rather than suited up.

Keef Monkey

Ah ok. I've made the classic error of believing everything I read on the internet there! I guess an off the shelf paintball mask makes a lot more sense for what's probably a random goon.

Goaty

So what plot about? A group of villains to stop villains? Like Thunderbolts?

IAMTHESYSTEM

I read somewhere it's basically the dirty half dozen. Here's a link to some alleged plotting. Explosive charges just like in the anime classic Cyber City:Oedo 808.

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-movie-plot-dc-cameos-rumors/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla