Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levers

To be honest I'm surprised my local Smith's has been stocking it for this long, when all other High Street sources dried up a long time ago. Still hope I guess, as Fetish suddenly appeared on the shelves two days before the next one was due! Otherwise, it's a major trip into town to hit Forbidden Planet, or failing that mail order.

The Monarch

IndigoPrime

It seems to pop up randomly here and there. WHSmith is quite random anyway, I find. Ours still sometimes has the Marvel books in, but I've only ever seen a single copy of one, on the partworks shelf.

TordelBack

I'm hmmming and hawing about the Armitage volumes... I do like bits of it, but probably more in concept than execution, and if there are three books that's €45 in total. Do I like it that much?

Trent

Tordel, word is that Armitage is two books, which should be able to accommodate virtually everything.

TordelBack

Just two, eh?  That might put a different spin on things.  Cheers, Trent!

EDazzling

Yeah. According to Barney, the City of The Dead volume has 238 story pages, and the remaining Armitage stories come to 208 pages. Add the Hershey and steel story along with the Steel solo, which are 30 pages total, and we might end up with 2 exactly evenly sized books containing the whole thing. If Barney is correct!

The Monarch

city of the deads jumbled mess was fixed so kudos on hatchett and the repro boys for that

DarkDaysBish-OP

I have a vague recollection that the jumbled Armitage pages were the first time in Megazine history that a strip had appeared with pages in the wrong order.

But I might be jumbling that in my head.

Magnetica

Maybe in Meg history, but let's not forget Firekind in the Prog which managed to miss out an entire episode.

Think that was before your time as editor though.

Magnetica

But to be fair it amazes me how they manage to get the Prog out week in, week out. Having read Steve MacManus's book and bits of Thrillpower Overload, you can see what an effort it is. So only 2? mistakes in 40 years is some effort.

TordelBack

Quote from: Magnetica on 05 March, 2017, 11:50:53 AM
Maybe in Meg history, but let's not forget Firekind in the Prog which managed to miss out an entire episode.

Seem to remember there was another Prog story that had pages out of order too. Can't for the life of me recall which it was: possibly one of those ones where it was hard to care (Dry Run?) or just plain hard to tell (Revere?).

Pleased to hear City of the Dead has been fixed, good work people.  Now I'm really going to have to give in and get it...

TordelBack

DOUBLE POST: Maybe I'm thinking of Dead Juve's Curve?

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 March, 2017, 12:35:38 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 05 March, 2017, 11:50:53 AM

Seem to remember there was another Prog story that had pages out of order too. Can't for the life of me recall which it was: possibly one of those ones where it was hard to care (Dry Run?) or just plain hard to tell (Revere?).

During the change to colour, Tharg treated us to a few penny black-style rarities (673):