Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Just checked prog 547, and the Oz pages were in that order originally. They're clearly not meant to be. So in fact there has never been a version of Oz with the pages in the right order. In 30 years.  :o

Tony Angelino

Sounds like an idea for Rebellion's next hardback "Judge Dredd: Oz Reordered 30th Anniversary Edition".

Either that or do another Cursed Earth only with select pages in the wrong order.

Skullmo

Meow.

If people didnt want it they wouldnt buy it
It's a joke. I was joking.

Tony Angelino

TordelBack

Quote from: The Monarch on 05 March, 2017, 01:09:31 AM
city of the deads jumbled mess was fixed so kudos on hatchett and the repro boys for that

Alas, not entirely - Efil Drago San's intro is bungled, it appears about 4 pages after it should. Mildly annoying, but City of the Dead is such a good Grand Guignol romp that it doesn't really detract.  Probably the best thing about Judgement Day.

Leigh S

Quote from: Frank on 05 March, 2017, 03:46:33 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 05 March, 2017, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: Timothy on 05 March, 2017, 01:16:05 PM
One episode of Oz had the centre spread printed with the pages the wrong way round. This wasn't corrected in the Mega Collection.

Which chapter was that?

Part 3 (547), by Will Simpson, Garry Leach, and Dave Elliott. If you buy a digital copy, it can be fixed at the (virtual) click of a button.

Also wrong in the 80s Titan collection!

The Monarch

that sucks it does read better than it did back in its first run though

JaHawkDroid

So as I continue my journey through my (now thus far complete) mega collection, I have realised that the Low Life books are my favourite comics, probably ever. Can I get some recommendations for anything else that is the same sort of thing within the Mega Collection? Just tried to get into Heavy Metal Dredd, but I clearly am not in the mood for it right now, so would welcome something more Low Life-y.

Steve Green

Trifecta is the obvious one, split between Al Ewing, Rob Williams (Lowlife writer) and Si Spurrier. Dirty Frank is a major character in this.

Would really need to read the Simping Detective first as well.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 March, 2017, 05:38:33 PM
Trifecta is the obvious one, split between Al Ewing, Rob Williams (Lowlife writer) and Si Spurrier. Dirty Frank is a major character in this.

Would really need to read the Simping Detective first as well.

Did those after finishing the Low Life stuff. Simping Detective is fantastic as well.

I think I just really really like the concept of Wally Judges.

Trent

There is still the volume called Undercover Brothers to come (delivery after next) which has Lenny Zero and other Wally Squad stories.

Elsewhere in the collection, The Pit has strong elements of undercover judging and still to come are Independent Operators and Brothers of the Blood which might work for you.

Not too much elsewhere but the Meg has featured a few DeMarco stories not yet reprinted anywhere if you wanted to track them down (check Barney).

Smith

The Monarch

i can see the demarco stories showing up in independant operators actually

Trent

I thought that the remaining DeMarco stories might be there too.
Tricky to judge which way they are going to go with volumes as 'Independent Operators' covers a broad spectrum.
We might have Tempest or Marauder in there or even the likes of BritCit Babes or Pussyfoot 5.
Find out in due course I guess.

Looking over Barney made me wonder if Harmony is going to make the cut as the complete run would fit a single volume perfectly. Don't particularly want it despite Hairsine and Murray art, but hell, if Calhab can qualify!

Klegg Bait