Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangelysaucy

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 February, 2015, 10:46:22 AM
My copies of 2 and 3 arrived but no freebies. Off to facebook to vent my anger about some stuff I don't really need not arriving when I want. That's the way it works, right ?

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!?????
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

IronGraham

Who here has subcribed to get the exclusive art prints (me  :D )
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Skullmo

Quote from: strangelysaucy on 09 February, 2015, 10:55:18 AM
My copies of 2 and 3 arrived but no freebies. Off to facebook to vent my anger about some stuff I don't really need not arriving when I want. That's the way it works, right ?

Cancel the subscription you do not have! That's my advice.
It's a joke. I was joking.

NapalmKev

Quote from: IronGraham on 09 February, 2015, 11:00:28 AM

Yep, me too!

I recieved a Confirmation Email today.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 February, 2015, 10:47:27 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 09 February, 2015, 10:41:56 AM
There is a chip in my mug .  .  . life is literally over  :'(

Just put some salad cream on it I'm sure it will taste fine...

...oh right, I see...

...Sorry.

Salad cream? On a chip? You disgust me!

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: IronGraham on 09 February, 2015, 11:00:28 AM

me too!

Although disaster struck, got issue 2 and 3 today and theres a bit of damage. issue 2 has a crushed corner and issue 3 has quite deep scratches in the cover. the badge was in there too, and the pin on it is bent out of shape so im guessing that it was pressing into the cover of issue 3

they could definitely use a bit of bubble wrap for these, all things considered

Ghost MacRoth

Got mine too, thought I was unluck to have a ding on the top corner, but it sounds rather like I got off lucky!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

strangelysaucy

Quote from: Skullmo on 09 February, 2015, 11:43:33 AM

I immediately subscribed when I heard there was a problem with subscribers so I could cancel it immediately in disgust.

I also emailed them with a photo of me looking disgusted to prove how disgusted I was.
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Skullmo

Quote from: strangelysaucy on 09 February, 2015, 02:00:49 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 09 February, 2015, 11:43:33 AM

I immediately subscribed when I heard there was a problem with subscribers so I could cancel it immediately in disgust.

I also emailed them with a photo of me looking disgusted to prove how disgusted I was.

Have you considered writing to your MP?
It's a joke. I was joking.

The Legendary Shark

Or the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen, perhaps?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

user2000

Got mine too (rolled eyes from the missus when I paraded around with my badge on  :D ).

Dunted (I mean that, being a Jock) corners in my Mechanismo, regularly had this with the Marvel collection to varying degrees, Hachette just replace them without a quibble, or any thought to improving their packaging so you can all look forward to having this issue with this collection as well it seems.

Me though, I'm definitely cancelling and just going to dip in when I fancy one.  The no colour centre spreads is a deal breaker for me - I have all this stuff at least four times over already - especially galling when at the end of the Apocalypse War book the additional blurb is opened with a reprint of part of the first spread, and it's in colour!    ::)

Proudhuff

That nice Mr Mcneil has signed my copy of the first one and a wee two line Dredd sketch.will have to stalk the big W (again!) To complete the set.
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

I got the mug on Saturday (no chips) and books 2 and 3 today with the badge. Book is good order but I did think it was strange to have the badge rattling about in the box - they could have bubble wrapped it and stuck it in the mug but they may come from different places. In short : not cancelling.

Also got a £0.00 invoice, which was nice.

Tjm86

Next two books turned up today along with the badge.  All safe and sound which is nice.

Only had a brief glance.  Mechanism is one of the few that I don't have as  a GN which is nice but like many others Apocalypse I now have in multiple editions.  Interesting comparing the different editions. 

Mega collection(R) compared to IDW(L)

Mega collection(R) compared to Titan(L)
As has been mentioned above the lack of colour spreads is a disappointment, particularly considering the amount of colour already there.

glassstanley

There's a grey scale centre spread in the Apocalypse War, which is even more frustrating!

Also noticed some gutter loss in the centre spreads. Hope this is something they're going to try and improve...