Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Woke up this afternoon for Caz to bring me the parcel in bed, now there's service for you. The postman said that he didn't know where parcel one of two was, so Caz reminded him that he delivered that the other day.

Once I realised what was inside I quickly grabbed the hot line to the President of the free world and asked him to stop the nuclear strike on Hachette's HQ. Ee by gum, they were lucky buggers, I can tell you that :lol:

FoldsFive

Mine all arrived today; Badge - which was a much better quality than expected, Mug - ceramic, again, more than I expected.  Both books look great - I still can't get over how good those B&W covers are.  And pleasantly surprised to see that The Apocalypse War included Block Mania as well.  Very, very happy.  I hope the run lasts to the end.

shaolin_monkey

Mine hasn't arrived, so I thought I'd get on here and tell you all that.  Plus I wanted to be the third PR Judge in a row to post an update about it.

Mardroid

I rarely get post on Mondays, so I came home hopeful, but not exactly expectant. The parcel certainly wasn't in the usual places, so I assumed I could expect it tomorrow.

I went upstairs to do something... and there in the doorway of my bedroom was a parcel. Now it's not the first time I approached the door of my bedroom since getting back from work today, but it's the first time I found the parcel there! Pretty sure a member of the household must have put it ther in the time in between.

Maybe they picked it up thinking it was for them before looking closer at the address. I don't know.

Anyway, inside were issues 2 and 3 (Mechanismo and Apocalypse War, respectively), and the badge.

As far as books are concerned I now have all duplicates with different spines! I don't usually like to keep two versions of the same book but as the first experiemental volumes lot turned out to be freebies, I guess they're worth keeping as collector's items.

And the badge is pretty good quality. Quite a solid thing. Looking close I can see some tarnishing and some minor scratching, so I agree it could have been packed correctly, but it's a lovely item just the same. I won't be sending for a replacement.

Maybe I'm being a divvy-boy, but the pin seems to be too thin to unhook. I'm wondering if the pin is MEANT to be bent out of true to get it out of the hole, but that would be too fiddly, surely? Particularly when pinning it to a garment...

Maybe it's better to leave it and tie some thread throught the pin if I want to wear it, or use the hole in the corner if I ever go into cosplay mode.*

*I suspect I'd end up getting a badge with my name on it or a psi badge if I took that route though. The idea of being a judge of my own character** appeals more than playing Dredd specifically. Whether I'd ever have the guts to do that is something else though.... But I'm glad to have this. It's a lovely item.

** No pun intended.

mckee74

So I subscribed. Can't wait to read these stories again as it's been a very, very long time.

So yeah, I have my mug (agree, very surprised on the actual cup but rather gutted about the lid) but not a single issue yet. The anticipation is killing me...

Skullmo

Mine arrived yesterday - both were damaged though.  :'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

The books look great but the packaging needs to be stronger. I feel really feel bad complaining about this stuff.  I'm really liking the end papers. I upgraded to premium which made hachette forget I get the first 4 free and so they've billed me. These are details - I couldn't be happier with the design & contents. Well done Rebellion!

Skullmo

Quote from: Skullmo on 11 February, 2015, 09:58:46 AM

And they have sorted it out hopefully! :-)

Yes, they are great books. The packaging needs some support or bubbles!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dandontdare

How does the badge compare to the Planet replicas small badge? Is it metal with a brooch-pin? Sturdy or flimsy?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Skullmo on 11 February, 2015, 11:54:43 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 11 February, 2015, 09:58:46 AM

And they have sorted it out hopefully! :-)

Yes, they are great books. The packaging needs some support or bubbles!

Ive got a replacement badge on the way.
I've had to contact them a couple of times now and both times I have had responses to my emails within 24 hours.

All good so far.

The books are gorgeous.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 February, 2015, 12:00:25 PM
How does the badge compare to the Planet replicas small badge? Is it metal with a brooch-pin? Sturdy or flimsy?

I haven't seen the Planet Replica badge but this one has a very sturdy main body with a brooch pin on the back, which is a tad flimsy. It is metal and shiny.

I'm pretty impressed with it.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 11 February, 2015, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 February, 2015, 12:00:25 PM

I haven't seen the Planet Replica badge but this one has a very sturdy main body with a brooch pin on the back, which is a tad flimsy. It is metal and shiny.

I'm pretty impressed with it.

Thanks - sounds very similar. PR did a shiny version and a limited-run matt version, which I bought.

robert_ellis

Loved the badge - thought it would be plastic crap but it was great. Really looking forward to catching up on Dredd's world over the next 4 years..

Andy Smart

Just arrived home to find my package. Obviously someone at the Post Office ignored the words "Fragile- Please Handle with Care" written in small print on the label. The box had a big score down it and Apocalypse War has had a considerable chunk taken out of it. I'll be onto Hachette now to sort it.

Quite pleased with the badge, a nice bit of tin.

And for those still wondering, issue 5 is Shamballa. It said in a leaflet.

ZenArcade

Postal service seems to be a major issue here. That is utterly unacceptable. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead