Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Smart

Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 February, 2015, 06:30:54 PM
Postal service seems to be a major issue here. That is utterly unacceptable. Z

Privatisation for you. Would never have happened before (Would probably have happened before).

ZenArcade

I suppose the follow on is what can Hachette do to minimise the requests for reissues.....bubble wrap; more ear markings on the parcels? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Andy Smart

Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 February, 2015, 06:37:30 PM
I suppose the follow on is what can Hachette do to minimise the requests for reissues.....bubble wrap; more ear markings on the parcels? Z

Though it's actually a UK company, Jacklin Enterprises, who handle logistics.

Seeing how people are complaining about damaged books, it must be very expensive to replace them all. Also leaves fewer copies for back issue sales. Bit of bubble wrap can't cost all that much.

ZenArcade

Don't know what the cost to benefit figures are but it would seem prudent to preclude as much as possible replacing damaged units. Z

The Legendary Shark

I get mine from my local Thrill Merchant; of all the Marvel Ultimates there have been only three or four with very minor dings in them and the rest have been perfect. If one arrived badly damaged they'd request a replacement without even asking me. No red cards, no books abandoned in next door's garden, no faffing about on the 'phone. No free gifts but then I've nowhere to put precious tat anyway.
Support your local Thrill Merchant - they need your custom and they do a damned fine job! Most even deliver, so you can tell your local paper boy/girl where to stick it if you're not in. Go on - you know it makes sense!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Shark as ever you are a catalyst for my nascent motivations. I am going to my local shop tomorrow to get a subscription to the prog and meg. Z

The Legendary Shark

Good man! Support your local economy and get thrilled-up at the same time - it's win/win!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

I'm surprised, and sorry, to see so many comments about damaged books.

I've been getting the Marvel books from the start and have never had any real problems with them getting damaged, maybe our postman at work is just very good at his job.

All the Marvel books, except one which was in a cardboard envelope like Amazon use, were delivered in a kind of wraparound cardboard box. Is this the case with the Dredd's?

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Daveycandlish

My books arrived in perfect nick. My mug, however, turned up in seven pieces. I can't see that holding much coffee.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

ZenArcade

Oh no not the corps....that hardly merited the attribute of a story. Mind you the artwork was top line. Z

ZenArcade

James Stacey

I've not once had so much as a dinged corner in the around 80? Books I've had from the marvel set but then I have it delivered to work so it's always handed to someone not dropped through a door.

IndigoPrime

Luck of the draw, I guess. I've had damage to books from almost every retailer. Only Amazon is very consistent in low damage, with FPI being reasonably good. Everyone else I've tried has at best sent books that have been a bit dinged.

On this sub, my first one came in a thickish card envelope, and it appears undamaged. Still waiting for #2 and #3.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 February, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
Luck of the draw, I guess. I've had damage to books from almost every retailer. Only Amazon is very consistent in low damage, with FPI being reasonably good. Everyone else I've tried has at best sent books that have been a bit dinged.

I love FP for their books.  Comes in a box three times too big and enough packing peanuts to stun a dozen Bolt's.  On the other hand a book I got off Amazon recently came in a thin plastic wrapping.  Amazingly it was in decent shape.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?