Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

Hachette bumped 50p P&P onto the 9.99 when I ordered a book. Decent service.

Tjm86

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 April, 2015, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: Grey M@a on 28 April, 2015, 02:15:42 PM
Seems to list the back issues, strangely enough it lists all the way to issue 20 xD

I think you'll find it lists all 80...

Only as issue numbers, not with details / view options  :(

Only first 8 are 'in stock'.

:-\

Bat King

Quote from: Fungus on 28 April, 2015, 04:56:31 PM
Hachette bumped 50p P&P onto the 9.99 when I ordered a book. Decent service.

Cool. I'll mention that NEXT preview I do. Just done Issue 9 Swimming in Blood
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Fungus

Nice work BK, first confirmation of volume 9 I've seen. Tharg & Hachette keeping the future volumes pretty secret which I'm all for.

The early Megs are available so I don't see any reason to pick this one up. John Smith is a strange fish. I have clear memories of loving New Statesmen (Crisis) and Swimming In Blood (and probably Cinnabar too) but then it got tricky. His purplish prose elsewhere left me cold on the current 'slog. Latterly I skipped the text and scanned the pictures only. An interesting and curious writer.

Bat King

Yeah I have the pdf for 10 already but won't preview it yet... It isn't good to go too early, though there is no embargo. Vwe are asked to avoid spoilers.

I hate spoilers so it is easy for me to oblige. When I say there are alerts in my articles I assume many readers wonder where as I seem to be a bit more spoiler-sensitive.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

robert_ellis

Has anyone seen a copy of Cursed Earth in the wild yet. I looked in Paddington station whsmiths but nothing!

IndigoPrime

Interesting order with the Devlin book—I guess not trampling over the recent trade is a smart idea. (Still odd to see it so early in the schedule though.)

Anzati

Is this one in the same order as the previous Swimming in Blood (not the most recent) trade or something different again?

robert_ellis

I found the Mega Collection Issue 8: The Cursed Earth finally in WHSmiths, hidden by the till. The Bolland stuff looks crisp and the entire quality of the book from design to the choice of backup strip is amazing. The John Higgins backup annual story "Last of the Bad guys" is a great thematic companion to the main thrill. Of course I'd like to see the missing copyright infringing chapters but their omission is neatly addressed in the intro with a couple of illustrations. One day we'll see a complete Cursed Earth saga book with the centre-spreads in colour and the 4 pinups from the titan books included but this is great for now. This series is looking strong after last fortnight's wobble & with Devlin Waugh next month it's just getting better!

Zenith 666

Swimming in Blood oh yes fantastic.Now if we could only get some new adventures with devlin please it's been eight goddamn years.

IronGraham

I know this is a bit behind just wondering what happened to Simon Coleby that he couldn't finish the second Mandroid story and the equally talented Carl Critchlow had to the take over art duties?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Richmond Clements

Quote from: IronGraham on 29 April, 2015, 06:01:06 PM
I know this is a bit behind just wondering what happened to Simon Coleby that he couldn't finish the second Mandroid story and the equally talented Carl Critchlow had to the take over art duties?

I think Simon got the Authority gig right around this time...

The Monarch

Nice grouping of waugh stories and that could potentially leave two more books with sirius rising and a chunk of uncollected waugh stuff as well as the stuff in the original trade not here

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves