Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Anyone know when the next art print will be announced?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Grey M@a

Just had Issue 6 and 7 delivered together last weekend, is issue 8 with subs now? Just wondering if the delivery is held back with me getting my other issues a week or so ago.

robert_ellis

Was put off the prints when I realised they were the same size as the books and cost £14 each.  Seems a bit pricey - although the artists are stellar. Loved that Bolland's using a rejected Eagle comic cover  design as his inspiration - Fattie & Dredd. On a different note I realise Shimura is coming up after Devlin Waugh. Is it likely to have more material than the existing trade?

Tjm86

Quote from: robert_ellis on 01 May, 2015, 12:36:39 PM
Was put off the prints when I realised they were the same size as the books and cost £14 each.  Seems a bit pricey -

True, but it also includes 'a mount'.  Be interesting to see what it looks like.  The bookplate print for Underbelly was the same size as the book on card stock.  If the first one doesn't look too impressive in real life then I can see a downgrade coming.

BPP

I'd rather some more Dredd, especially all the Megazine Dredd that hasn't been plundered, than 'Rebellions existing GN line' which this is rapidly turning into.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Spikes

Yeah, As a non Meg buyer, id love to see more stuff from that publication in the Mega collection. I guess with this being a run of 80 books, then there's the chance , at least, that we'll see more of that.

BPP

Quote from: Spikes on 04 May, 2015, 12:49:37 PM
Yeah, As a non Meg buyer, id love to see more stuff from that publication in the Mega collection. I guess with this being a run of 80 books, then there's the chance , at least, that we'll see more of that.

80 books will soon fill up if they are sticking largely to existing reprint material. Ancillary characters seem destined to be getting 15-20 by themselves, epics another 15-20, existing collections (like mandroid, Satans Island, total war) another 10-15. There is a wealth of great Dredd from the last 15 years that they shouldn't be frit of using for these without fear of impact on future reprint value. Devon Waugh and Shimura are grand but they are out in existing GN and can hardly be considered core Dredd. A Dirty Frank collection would be good as it is spread across three disparate books (lowlife 1&2, trifecta) or uncollected, Insurrection great because the decision to publish 1&2 when a finale was announced a bit weird but another Shimura.... Meh.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Skullmo

Book of complete Koburn please!

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: BPP on 04 May, 2015, 01:28:21 PM

80 books will soon fill up if they are sticking largely to existing reprint material. Ancillary characters seem destined to be getting 15-20 by themselves, epics another 15-20, existing collections (like mandroid, Satans Island, total war) another 10-15.

A very large number of the existing trades will need a lot of padding to come near the ~200 odd page requirement. Satan's Island and The Chief Judges Man are barely over 100 pages long. City of the Damned, Young Death, Song of the Surfer etc are like 80 odd pages IIRC, some others are closer to 60 pages.

I'd say the existing trades generally are ~135 pages more often than not, so most of them may have to have 50 odd pages of shorter stories added to them to make up the required page count. As such Hachette may eat through the existing trades a lot faster than you'd think.

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 04 May, 2015, 04:13:14 PM

Book of complete Koburn please!

The Komplete Koburn must happen.

Dark Jimbo

Koburn's on the spine image, so it's a cert that he'll get a book to himself - padded out with a few other Carlos stores, no doubt.
@jamesfeistdraws

Skullmo

I hope they do not include that Garth Ennis story in the chopper book.

robert_ellis

You have to take the rough with the smooth...

Colin Zeal

Ennis is likely to get a book of his own, isn't he? Probably Helter Skelter and the page difference made up with his run on Dredd.

robert_ellis

I think the Irish stories have already been confirmed. I loved some of the Ennis stuff - the Humters club. Never read Heltef Skelter although I've seen the Halo Jones page