Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anzati

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 11 June, 2015, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: Fluffy Clemmy on 11 June, 2015, 08:32:59 AM
Mine were despatched on the 3rd June too. Can anyway advise how long delivery usually is from posting?

I've found it's usually about a week to 9 days.  If you've not had them by early next week it's probably worth getting in touch with them.  Incidentally, I'm not sure if the date they appear on the Hachette site is necessarily the same as when they're dispatched.  I get the impression they usually send them out after this date.  (My account says 3rd June too btw).

I'll second this, I'm expecting mine by the weekend as they often seem to turn up on a Saturday, that's the latest I'd expect.

Timothy

Quote from: Spikes on 10 June, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 10 June, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Interesting split of the Day of Chaos books. Hot Night in 95 has been dropped, and The Assassination List from part 2 added. Will this leave space for a couple of aftermath stories in part 2. I can't say that Hot Night is a huge loss. It's a nice enough story but not essential to the bigger story.

Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. The DoC, is like the Cursed Earth, or the Apocalypse War for me. I imagine I'll end up buying it every time it get's released..

And kinda glad that it's not a straight reprinting of the fairly recent trades. Is the Skinning Room still present?
TBH, I'd not miss either (not that there's owt wrong with those two tales. Far from it), but nice to have something different. I suspect Mr Carroll's 'Downtime' episode hasn't been included this time round?
So yes, be interesting to see how they fill out book 2...

Although the Skinning Room might not be essential to the story I still love it, both for Wilsher's art and for the superb interview with the sniper judge. He's such a great character. Forgive my ignorance, but has he appeared in any other stories?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 11 June, 2015, 12:20:11 PM
Although the Skinning Room might not be essential to the story I still love it, both for Wilsher's art and for the superb interview with the sniper judge. He's such a great character. Forgive my ignorance, but has he appeared in any other stories?

I think Alec Worley picked up that plot thread in Megaine 342 (with Willsher again).

The Skinning Room and Hot Night in 95 help bridge the gap between Tour of Duty and DoC for anyone reading Dredd primarily through the trades, what wth Sinfield's fate, Dredd on the council, Hershey's return to the city and a brief chance to see the Francisco administration in action before it all went tits up!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tjm86

Quote from: Anzati on 11 June, 2015, 10:26:50 AM
Mine were despatched on the 3rd June too. Can anyway advise how long delivery usually is from posting?

I've found it's usually about a week to 9 days.  If you've not had them by early next week it's probably worth getting in touch with them.  Incidentally, I'm not sure if the date they appear on the Hachette site is necessarily the same as when they're dispatched.  I get the impression they usually send them out after this date.  (My account says 3rd June too btw).

Ditto but mine normally turn up mid week so I reckon next Tuesday / wednesday.  ho hum!

I'll second this, I'm expecting mine by the weekend as they often seem to turn up on a Saturday, that's the latest I'd expect.

Magnetica

Spikes

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 June, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
The Skinning Room and Hot Night in 95 help bridge the gap between Tour of Duty and DoC for anyone reading Dredd primarily through the trades, what with Sinfield's fate, Dredd on the council, Hershey's return to the city and a brief chance to see the Francisco administration in action before it all went tits up!

^ This is all true. I sometimes forget that I was once a trade waiter, and found these 'bridging' stories helpful.
From a purely selfish view point, and as I have these stories already, I could afford to miss them on this release. Though they are both grand tales.

But a cracking release is this, and I picked it up - and the prog - on the way to work this morning.
And a quality cover. Taken from the original art, as the background is different from when it was a cover for the Prog.

I believe a helpful forumite supplied the scan that was used for this.

Spikes

Quote from: Magnetica on 11 June, 2015, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 10 June, 2015, 09:07:11 PM
Shame 'Downtime' isn't included.

Remind me - what was Downtime about?

The basic gist of it, is that Dredd - whilst on light duties after the Nadia attack, goes to the Academy of Law to give a talk to those families looking to put their children into the Judge system.
Dredd ends up arresting some of the parents, and scaring the living daylights out of most of the children.

A pretty good one-off really.

Magnetica

Thanks.

Don't think that is in the 4th Faction TPB either.

Apestrife

Perhaps Hotnight of 95 will be included in Tour of duty, similarly how The Spirit of Christmas founds it's way into the end of Origins.

Btw. How many pages are Assassination list?  I'm hoping it made it into 4th F in order to fit Dark Justice into JD DoC: Endgame. Would make for a nice fit. Finishing up on Logan's arm, PJ Maybe and the appearance of the dark J:s.

Also. Wouldn't surprise me if Tea for two will show up in the Brothers of the blood book.

robert_ellis

Think dark justice was ruled out of mega collection! Assassination list has 38 pages

Mattofthespurs

According to my account details at Hachette mine were sent on the 3rd of June and I have received them this morning.

Super Mario

Finished Shimura. A bit tough going due to some of the stories being hard to follow, but a good collection all round. I particularly liked the story with the freaky Dragon Lord guy.

That Dredd's a bit of a bigot eh?

Fluffy Clemmy

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 12 June, 2015, 08:49:42 AM

Thanks for letting me know  :)

According to my account details at Hachette mine were sent on the 3rd of June and I have received them this morning.

moldovangerbil

I've just received issues 10 and 11 as well.  Unfortunately, 11 was damaged so I've had to phone them and ask for a replacement.  Has anyone else had to do this?  If so, how quickly do they send out replacements?  The lady I spoke to said 14-28 days which seems a bit long.

Thanks

robert_ellis