Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 27 June, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
My version of an index.
p.s. work in progress (apart from it being about an ongoing publication).  Main thing I need to add is the original progs and megs of the stories.

Dandontdare

That "spine number " discrepancy is a fucker - do you think this is a cynical ploy to play on geeks' OCD tendencies? If you've bought 10 issues, your spine count is up to 61!

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 June, 2015, 01:34:50 AM
That "spine number " discrepancy is a fucker - do you think this is a cynical ploy to play on geeks' OCD tendencies? If you've bought 10 issues, your spine count is up to 61!
And how long did it take to go from 01 (America) to 02 (Democracy Now)?  And as they're thematically similar, what's the guess on what 03 will be?

sheridan

p.p.s. you can't edit the spreadsheet, but you can comment if you have suggestions (or to point out inevitable mistakes).

Timothy

Quote from: sheridan on 27 June, 2015, 01:53:45 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 June, 2015, 01:34:50 AM
And how long did it take to go from 01 (America) to 02 (Democracy Now)?  And as they're thematically similar, what's the guess on what 03 will be?
It says in the intro to 2 that 3 will be Total War.

SmallBlueThing

My 12 and 13 have just arrived, and as usual they look splendid.  I can't honestly say I'm up to date, as the last one I read was Mandroid,  but I'm passing them on to the eldest and he seems to be enjoying them hugely. 
The shelf they eventually sit on once he's read them is beginning to look great too.  Though as usual with these things,  I'm going to have to add little spine stickers so I know what's actually in them.
Do we know what's next?

SBT

Mardroid

Mine arrives too. Wasn't expecting Hondo City Justice so soon after.Shimura but its welcome. (I'm sure it was mentioned on this thread and on the schedules but I haven't read it all. Please bear with me.)

I'm looking forward to the other as well. (I have forgotten the name.) I believe these Democracy storylines featured in the prog before I started getting the prog.

Mardroid

I just noticed my redundant use of the word 'prog' after I had hit the 'post' button.

Silly me.

Mattofthespurs

Missed the postie whilst out walking the mutt.
Saturday will have to do.

Apestrife

Origins 45, Day of Chaos 49. Any ideas what epics could be in between those besides two Tour of duty books?

Got Democracy now and Day of chaos today. Brilliant books. Love how the bigger story/picture is growing with each book.

"Democracy now" has quite a thematic feel to it. Fits well in between the more personal America and balls to the wall awesome Total War.

Jamie1000013

So far my top 3 are:

1.Origins
2.Day of Chaos (Hopefully there is a lot more of PJ Maybe love his character, want to see his mayor days)
3.Tie between Mandriod and Cursed Earth

I just had a question since I now have Shimora and Hondo city Justice which reading order would be best or doesn't it matter? Think Maybe HCJ first that Shimora but my OCD has had me reading them in release order so fa :-P.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 02 July, 2015, 08:08:20 PM
2.Day of Chaos (Hopefully there is a lot more of PJ Maybe love his character, want to see his mayor days)

That's the real shame of releasing DoC before a PJ book (and then Tour of Duty). PJ's arguably become the best (certainly the most charismatic) of all Dredd's foes and new fans deserve to follow his tale in all its glory gory!
@jamesfeistdraws

Apestrife

Read Democracy now -the second time since I got it- today. Dredd killing a kid in Direct action, that (outside kids among the half a bill. people in the retaliation strike on Sov cit. 1) happened before or since?

I was a bit unsure about it's place in the book, but this time around I think Raider fits the book quite well. While not the best Dredd story I've read, or very democracy heavy, it shows a judge with doubts mirroring Joe's before the referendum: doubts Joe comments as "you think too much." (basically key to what he tells himself in the end of Twillight's last gleaming.).

And there's also the art -by Burns- connection. Similar thing with Kennedy's Slabs and Direct action, which I also hope/think could -outside the stuff on surveillance and Total war- serve as a springboard for Chopper volume . Perhaps the fifth MC book is a Chopper one :)

James Stacey

14 - Psi-Judge Anderson: The Possessed
15 - Alien Nations
16 - Doomsday for Dredd
17 - Oz
18 - Day of Chaos: Endgame
19 - Total War
20 - The Simping Detective
21 - The Dead Man
22 - Target: Judge Dredd
23 - Devlin-Waugh: Chasing Herod