Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Richard T Field on 28 August, 2015, 11:48:34 AMAre there any other books in the Mega Collection which print the original colour spreads in colour ?
Not that I recall far. Then again, there wouldn't be too many items anyway yet.

QuoteDoes anyone know if you can buy individual books from Hachete or is Ebay/Amazon the way to go?
Get them direct. Although you probably shouldn't wait too long.

radiator

QuoteGet them direct.

Unless you live in America. Gah! Needs me that Oz book!

Rio De Fideldo

Thanks for the link Indigo. Just ordered my copy of Oz. Cannot wait.

Echidna

Quote from: Richard T Field on 29 August, 2015, 12:36:11 AM
Just ordered my copy of Oz.

If my local WHS doesn't have it on Wednesday I'm going to do the same... How much do they charge for postage?

Dash Decent

My first lot of books were waiting for me when I got home last night.  The books look good but I am not impressed by the way Bissett, the local distributors, have sent them out.  The books came in an unpadded plastic satchel type envelope.  The ceramic coffee cup is smashed and the pin on the back of the badge is bent and crushed.  One of the books has a bumped corner.  I understand they normally send out magazines rather than hardbacks but surely if you're selling something as a collection you should understand that your customers want them in a collectible condition.

They also included (and charged for) volume 1 even though I set the subscription up to start from volume 2.  I'd noticed this earlier and had asked about it.  They told me just to take out what I wanted from the parcel when it arrived, reseal it and mark it "Return to Sender" to send it back!  Talk about well dodgy.  Leaving aside the number they did on my gifts, the Post Office has done their job delivering the parcel, but Bissett want a freebie on the return cost!  They should be able to supply a Return Paid (i.e. free post) address for returns.

I'll see how they address the damaged gifts issue.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

robert_ellis

Over in the UK the books were quickly replaced no questions asked. Sorry for all the nonsense but the collection really has been worth sticking with!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: robert_ellis on 29 August, 2015, 08:33:22 AM
Over in the UK the books were quickly replaced no questions asked. Sorry for all the nonsense but the collection really has been worth sticking with!

As were the gifts. My badge was damaged (the pin bent to buggery) and they replaced that within a week and sent me another much to boot (although I think they did that just so they could send the badge in the same box as the mug).

Dash Decent

Thanks guys.  It turns out my brother has a subscription with them to some Marvel chess set collection and he's had to write to them repeatedly to get broken pieces replaced.  It's all clearly down to the lack of protective packaging but they don't seem interested in doing anything about it.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted out but I just wanted to sound off.  I was looking forward to getting the books and this took the shine off it this time round.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

Re the Origins / Cal Files continuity debate on the previous page of this thread: I don't see it as a contradiction.

1. There's a difference between a one night stand during a moment of weakness and carrying out an illicit affair over months or years.

2. In The Cal Files it says "Fargo used his offices to procure the woman preferment and other benefits." So it's not just sex but also corruption.

3. Fargo was alleged to have got the woman pregnant with twins and then covered up the affair by dishonestly pretending they were clones.

That last one is hard to reconcile with the date of Fargo's death given in Origins, 10 years before Joe and Rico Dredd would have had to have been born. That's the only discrepancy.

petesbeats

Just orderd OZ direct from Hatchett as my local WHSmiths have stopped stocking these which is a massive pain.  Only £10.49 inc del though

radiator

Yay! Snagged a copy of Oz off eBay for a very reasonable price.

While I'm not collecting the Mega Collection I would definitely buy more individual issues if they have the colour centre spreads included.

Which of the early epics haven't been collected yet? Judge Child? The Day the Law Died?

abelardsnazz

Neither of those you mention have appeared yet, we've had The Cursed Earth and Apocalypse War, both fully black & white. Next earlier story is The Dead Man in issue 21, can't wait to read that again, John Ridgway's art is brilliantly atmospheric.

Magnetica

Went into Smith's at Waterloo station today to see if they had Oz. Normally they have a few MCs to go with the plentiful supply of Progs but it was no where to be seen. I'm hoping its a temporary blip.

Also my local Co-Op seems to have given up on it a good couple of months ago.

Has anyone else noticed shops that are no longer stocking it?

Dark Jimbo

These partworks never stay in the shops for the full 80+ issues.
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

First time my local W H Smith hasn't stocked it. I may be buying the hell out of it at FP tomorrow. Shame they're always sealed (although I see why they do that).