Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I've got to say one panel that got to me, really got to me, was the one where the Judges, Dredd among them IIRC, found what they thought were two survivors.  Two young children who I assume are brother and sister huddled in a corner and the next shows them in the full throes of the illness, snarling..
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2015, 12:05:22 PM
Endgame seems fine here, too. It's Total War that's a bit of a mess.

D'oh! Got my megadeath scenarios mixed up.

Skullmo

I have never read total war and so would like that book - are they planning to reprint it? Is it all the issues that are badly printed?
It's a joke. I was joking.

abelardsnazz

Total War is the next issue to be released in the UK, due on 30th September.

Hopefully the printing issues were just a glitch on the last run. Personally I've been satisfied with the print quality so far.

Apestrife

Quote from: Skullmo on 20 September, 2015, 10:05:48 PM
I have never read total war and so would like that book - are they planning to reprint it? Is it all the issues that are badly printed?

The tpb saw a reprint last year, and it seems there's still copies left on amazon.

Has some of the stuff I've read in Judge Dredd with the "After the Bombs" ep. Terror is also quite brutal. Love the book.

Hope the mega collection print is okay. Was hoping to see Caught in the Act collected, but perhaps/hopefully in another volume. Cool to see Visiting hour (Blood trails in the Brothers of the blood book perhaps?) collected, and I haven't read to the other two. Looking forward to it :)

IndigoPrime

This is the problem with it:

I can't recall how many pages this sort of thing happens on—probably about a dozen or so. The text is still readable (although on a couple of pages, only just), but it's noticeably iffy. Curiously, it on some pages only affects a small portion rather than the entire thing. I've no idea if the original files or the print run are to blame. As noted, I've asked Hachette for feedback and will report back if I get a reply.

Fungus

Thanks for the future updates on this in advance. Not read Total War and it's on my cherry-picking list. Wonky printing would be a deal-breaker.

James Stacey

My copy of Total war has the text noticeably thicker on some pages than others but nothing as bad as that, and the page you show is fine. Odd

Apestrife

Quote from: Apestrife on 21 September, 2015, 11:44:43 AM
Has some of the stuff I've read in Judge Dredd with the "After the Bombs" ep. Terror is also quite brutal. Love the book.

"stuff" was supposed to say "worst stuff". After the bombs is really brutal. Not for the faint hearted!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 September, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
My copy of Total war has the text noticeably thicker on some pages than others but nothing as bad as that, and the page you show is fine. Odd
That means it's definitely some kind of print-run issue, then, and not the source files. Hachette just replied to me with "We are looking into the problem".

Dash Decent

It looks like the kind of thing you should be looking at through 3D glasses.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

dweezil2

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 September, 2015, 03:41:13 PM
It looks like the kind of thing you should be looking at through 3D glasses.

That's an idea for Prog 2000 or maybe a hologram cover, the likes of which DC are so fond of producing!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

On Facebook:

QuoteHey guys, It doesn't look like there is a problem with the source material so we are looking into whether or not something has gone wrong in the printing process. It has not affected the whole run though, so if you haven't provided us with your address and the issues affected via PM, do so and we will send out replacements! Thanks!

Spikes

Yes, a print run problem would have been my thought. I have two copies of Endgame, and the 'story so far' page is perfect on one, and hard to make out on the other.
So fingers crossed for when Total War lands in the shops...

Jade Falcon

I'll guess the Batman crossovers like Judgement in Gotham etc won't be part of this due to the whole copyright and licensing issues there would be.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov