Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Can anyone tell me which issues 'The Last Days of Mean Machine' appeared in? I thought I knew all his stories but this one escapes me.

Max Headroom

Thanks Steve. It was probably that it was a 'Tales From the Black Museum' story that threw me! Am I alone in wishing there was a hardcover book dedicated to Mean Machine and featuring all his stories in one volume?

Trent

Armitage and Mean Machine volumes turned up this morning.
My earlier prediction of Mean contents was correct. A lovely ample volume with the only disappointments being lack of colour spreads for Dredd Angel and Merry Tale of Christmas Angel and poor reproduction on the latter.
Armitage is a very thick volume as it does indeed include all the John Cooper stories bur otherwise is as I had expected. I thought the page count would be prohibitive but the book is an impressive 256 pages in total.

Both are worthy additions to the collection and though Dredd lite in content show how the set covers the whole of Dreddverse stories in a smart consistent package at a very reasonable price.
I love this series which is why I would relish another 10 or 20 book extension.
Great stuff.

robert_ellis

I'm wondering if they'll keep some early Dredd for the 2000ad partworks. I really hope we'll see an extension to this series too. It's been a great series - with still a year to go...

The Monarch

sooo city of the dead is an episode still messed up or did they fix it?

Dash Decent

Quote from: robert_ellis on 27 February, 2017, 09:26:51 PM
I really hope we'll see an extension to this series too.
I wonder if the new Hatchette "2000AD" line is seen as a successor/replacement to the Dredd line, or just the opportunity to create another stream.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 February, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
I wonder if the new Hatchette "2000AD" line is seen as a successor/replacement to the Dredd line, or just the opportunity to create another stream.

I hope it's a successor, that includes some Dredd stories not seen in Mega Collection. £20 a month is a reasonable expenditure that can be justified for most with a full-time job, irrespective of whether they are working minimum wage or higher. £40 a month becomes prohibitive and is likely to put some off.

levers

2000ad partwork? Must have missed this announcement?

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 28 February, 2017, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 February, 2017, 06:52:54 AM

I hope it's a successor, that includes some Dredd stories not seen in Mega Collection. £20 a month is a reasonable expenditure that can be justified for most with a full-time job, irrespective of whether they are working minimum wage or higher. £40 a month becomes prohibitive and is likely to put some off.

levers

Tomwe

How did it never occur to me to look up this thread before. Sorry to lurk, hello all.

Trent

Welcome Tomwe, I love this thread but get a little surprised how sparse comments are sometimes given the number of boarders who are buying it.
Could be a product of my having wayyy too much time on my hands of course.

levers

Arrgghh. No Armitage on the High Street today. My local tends to get one copy of the Mega collection in stock, but it occasionally goes awry! Or there's someone out there who got there before me!

I'm slightly fearful they'll stop stocking it as there are a few I've skipped, and they've still been on the shelves up to the next issue coming out.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: levers on 01 March, 2017, 10:52:45 PM
Arrgghh. No Armitage on the High Street today. My local tends to get one copy of the Mega collection in stock, but it occasionally goes awry! Or there's someone out there who got there before me!

I'm slightly fearful they'll stop stocking it as there are a few I've skipped, and they've still been on the shelves up to the next issue coming out.

I've got a regular order at my local Thrill-merchant, but I've used WH Smith as a back-up if issues haven't arrived. However I noticed a few issues ago that WHS don't have them on the shelves any more.