Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levers

Arrgghh! No MC in Forbidden Planet today. Apparently they've not had it in for a number of weeks. Am i going to have to order any remaining issues from Hachette direct?!!!

levers

Plenty of Calhab Justice and Cursed Earth Carnage left, although they appear to have finally shifted all copies of The Heavy Mob!

Neil C

Quote from: levers on 16 March, 2017, 04:24:13 PM
Arrgghh! No MC in Forbidden Planet today. Apparently they've not had it in for a number of weeks. Am i going to have to order any remaining issues from Hachette direct?!!!
Not if you don't want to. Any decent newsagent will be able to place a order for you.

Anthony Garnon

I work at Forbidden Planet. We still stock it in stores and online!

levers

Thanks! Which store? It was the London store that seemed to be having problems with supply.

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 16 March, 2017, 09:24:00 PM

levers

Heads up! Hachette are indeed listing Mega City Justice as the next release!

Tomwe

Quote from: levers on 17 March, 2017, 08:14:36 AM
Heads up! Hachette are indeed listing Mega City Justice as the next release!
So it's likely the next one will be a reversal on the Missionary Man book as well then!

Bad City Blue

Wow... I just read Armitage: Day Of The Dead (the main story). What a load of cack. Confusing, meandering and boring. The art is pretty good but it reminds me why I and many others didn't really like 2000AD in the 90s
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

TordelBack

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 17 March, 2017, 09:50:34 AM
Wow... I just read Armitage: Day Of The Dead (the main story). What a load of cack. Confusing, meandering and boring. The art is pretty good but it reminds me why I and many others didn't really like 2000AD in the 90s

It wasn't in 2000AD!  And I thought (and still think) City of the Dead is one of the better uses of the Dreddworld idea. Can be a bit painful at timeswatching Gillespie learning his craft, but there are moments of greatness, and at least he goes all-out avoiding the brown murk. I actually have more of a problem with the middle stories in the volume, which don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Tomwe

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 March, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

It wasn't in 2000AD!  And I thought (and still think) City of the Dead is one of the better uses of the Dreddworld idea. Can be a bit painful at timeswatching Gillespie learning his craft, but there are moments of greatness, and at least he goes all-out avoiding the brown murk. I actually have more of a problem with the middle stories in the volume, which don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Just about made it through the second major story in the book last night. Pretty dull stuff I'm afraid.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Tomwe on 17 March, 2017, 10:58:30 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 17 March, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

Just about made it through the second major story in the book last night. Pretty dull stuff I'm afraid.

I think that's the main thing - dull.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

TordelBack

Armitage has always seemed much better in concept than in execution. I like the duality in both the main characters, I enjoy the amusing supporting cast, I like the civil war background to everything, I like the criminal underpinnings and class war of Brit Cit Justice Dept... but the actual stories and dialogue often leave me cold.

That said, I thought City of the Dead itself actually delivered, pulling together all sorts of threads, acknowledging Judgement Day to an extent that the Dredd strip never really does, and throwing in some truly crazy designs and classical allusions. And all done with bright, energetic and supremely colourful art.

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: levers on 17 March, 2017, 08:06:29 AM
Thanks! Which store? It was the London store that seemed to be having problems with supply.

Head office. The London store gets the books not on the Wednesday, but the Thursday. On some occasions it's the Friday. It's down to how Hachette distribute, and beyond FP control.

But 100% the books come in... I get them every time! I picked up Mean Machine there late last night.

sheridan

Welcome to the forum!

Anthony Garnon