Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread  (Read 237739 times)

abelardsnazz

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread
« Reply #3045 on: 18 March, 2017, 04:31:13 pm »
Great to see the cover of my first Prog (377) used for Mean Machine, and reading Dredd Angel again brought back many happy memories. The rest of the volume is great too, Mean's antics often making me laugh out loud. And an interesting comparison to Jack Point with Mean Streets.

It's not clear on the Wikipedia page where the source of stating the next Missionary Man issue is Bad Moon Rising came from, so I guess it will be Treasure of the Sierra Murder, meaning we'll be getting the stories in reverse order. Oh well.

Tomwe

• Mek-Quakes Leftovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: 18 March, 2017, 09:53:48 pm »
It's 's not clear on the Wikipedia page where the source of stating the next Missionary Man issue is Bad Moon Rising came from, so I guess it will be Treasure of the Sierra Murder, meaning we'll be getting the stories in reverse order. Oh well.

There were <ref> posts on each of the listings until recently when someone decided they weren't needed anymore  ::)

Trent

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: 19 March, 2017, 05:01:18 am »
Yep, official site has Tour of Duty: Mega City Justice as the next book which strongly implies the next book will be Treasure of the Sierra Murder.
Quite why these two trilogies are being released in such a wierd order is beyond me, but 2 very strong books coming in a week or so nonetheless.

JaHawkDroid

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: 19 March, 2017, 10:12:07 am »
The Tour of Duty release order has completely thrown me. I've had the first (second?) ToD book for months now, but not read it because the second (first?) volume isn't in the collection yet.

It's baffling to me.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snubcommunications.com
« Reply #3049 on: 19 March, 2017, 04:47:45 pm »
It's nuts, and I hope they don't do this for continuity heavy series in the 2000 AD partwork. (By all means split Armitage/Tour of Duty, but at least release the things in order.)

The Monarch

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: 20 March, 2017, 09:32:23 pm »
what threw me off is what should have been the second mm book being the third in spine order its strange

Trent

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: 23 March, 2017, 07:34:10 pm »
Latest books turned up today and are much as expected.

MegaCity Justice includes the Meg run of Cursed Earth stories that, while variable in quality, add a depth to the saga and Dredd's plight. Brilliant to have them included at last.
Would have been nice to have Relentless in there too for completeness, not to mention Colin Wilson's sublime art.

Treasure of the Sierra Murder is a similarly satisfying volume featuring unadulterated Missionary Man.
Most of the Meg run is here, bar  the Quitely stories and Marc Wigmore's Mortal Combat.
Presume the 'first' volume will have Quitely, Promised Land, Place of the Dead (192 pages) with question marks over Mortal Combat and Silence, but either way it looks like we will be getting virtually the entire run.
Not a series without some major dips in form but I have long hankered for a collection beyond those reprinted to death.
Very, very happy.

Backing articles are covers in both books, an article on mutants and an, all too brief, interview with Simon Davis whose formative work is featured heavily in the volume.

A great pair of books even if the release order is nuts.

Tombo

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • It's a dragonfly, ok.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: 23 March, 2017, 10:59:11 pm »
i can see the demarco stories showing up in independant operators actually

A couple of pages (and weeks late) but the Demarco stories were reprinted in the Simping Detective volume of the Mega Collection.