Main Menu

Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds hardcover

Started by Grant Goggans, 17 December, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

At my Bookshelf blog, it's the new collection of Brass Sun, which reads a whole lot better in one sitting than in the progs.  I loved this!

http://bit.ly/1uS4LYv

Proudhuff

have that on order so I get at least one xmas pressie I like   :D
DDT did a job on me

Dan Banks

I'll echo the sentiments here, great collection all in all. Really excels in this format.

The one gripe as Eamonn mentions is the sparse extras. Certainly I was hoping for a complete cover gallery, I reckon there's one prog cover missing and the US format mini isn''t represented at all? I'm guessing these were left out to maintain a consistent art style throughout though and that is completely understandable.

IndigoPrime

Necropost ahoy, but I finally saw a copy of this in Waterstones in Basingstoke. It's a really lovely book, to the point I very nearly bought it at full-price in an actual bookshop. (The sole reason I didn't is because their copy had a thumb-end-size dent in the spine.)

It's also interesting to see this direction in general. There's a really nice premium feel to these new books.

Fungus

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

abelardsnazz

Got a copy of this in the end of year sale. It's a thing of beauty, the story and art in perfect harmony, although a couple of times I had to go back a bit to figure out what was going on. It's an incredibly detailed creation and looks great on the shelf. More please.