Main Menu

Meg 356 Rapid Response

Started by Skullmo, 17 January, 2015, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Quote from: ZenArcade on 25 January, 2015, 11:47:41 AM
There are few greater pleasures than to collect your prog every Wednesday from the newsagents. Z

I really, really miss getting them through the door back when I subscribed to the paper editions. Was always a great moment, unwrapping it and seeing the cover in all its glory. Sadly space just doesn't allow me to store them anymore, so had to go digital.

For the occasional issue (like the end of year progs) I'll buy both and pass the physical issue onto a friend when I'm done (someone I think might enjoy it enough to take up the prog) but doing that long term would be costly.

You're right though, nothing beats the physical thing, particularly those lovely Case Files books.

ZenArcade

I got my mitts on 300 old style prog plastic bags which has allowed me to bag all of the rest of my progs from 804 - 960 and the megs from vol 2 -11 - vol 3 - 79. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Fungus

A frustrating mag, the quality has dipped sharply after a great recent run. However, The Cop is stunning and might be one of those strips "that make the mag worth buying, on its own" as people like saying. Dense and powerful script, while the usually good Willsher looks stunning - down to the great colouring job here, it seems.

Someone round these parts mentioned that Ewings' meg strip would run all year, I really hope that's true. The Cop could be an all-time great story.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 January, 2015, 05:01:22 PM
If we start a rumour that Al's a jihadist (fulsome beard, name starts with Al) then the Americans won't buy his books and he'll have to come back...

Cheers

Jim

I'm game.  I've only read the Dredd strip so far and it was fucking brilliant; easily up there with a some of the best Wagner Dredds.  I wish Tharg would pay Al extra to stay, like he did with Dredd's dad.

(And I've just noticed your 'Al' joke - well played, sir  :lol:)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry for double posting, but I just thought I'd throw in my tuppenceworth about Angelic.  I loved it, me.    I don't believe we've ever gone quite this far back in the[spoiler] Angel Gang [/spoiler]story; and while it took me an embarrassingly long time to cop that [spoiler]Linc was Link[/spoiler] I think I can live with him being an [spoiler]adopted son [/spoiler]- just as long as the rest of them aren't.  He was always a bit of an outsider anyway, and it's only in recent, non-Wagner stories that he's come from the forefront.

Also, it seems like a whole new approach to the [spoiler]Angel Gang[/spoiler] - I love the comedy of the usual tales but I'm welcoming this grim and gritty take on them.  It sort of reminds me of There Will Be Blood.

Finally, I really enjoyed the small glimpse of [spoiler]Faro laying the foundations of his ascent to godhood[/spoiler] - I'm a sucker for Lenny Zero-style nods to continuity.

DeMarco and American Reaper aren't my thing at all, but thanks to Dredd and Angelic I'm really looking forward to the next Megazine, and I honestly can't remember the last time I could say that.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

I really think Angelic could be a classic. The prospect of this and the Dredd strip have me salivating for the next issue. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead