Main Menu

Meg 358: Dial Hard

Started by Richard, 14 March, 2015, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 16 March, 2015, 03:17:03 PM
Angelic: Particularly pleasing to get to this after wading through the previous tale!  Nice clean lines, and a much more traditional 2000ad type feeling to Carter's art.  The tale itself, loving it.  Did wonder though......my memory may be hazy on this...but wasn't Fink the oldest, then Linc, then Mean, then Junior?  So ask Pa awakes to the infant Linc.....and call's him Junior....mm, I guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on!

I thought his saying Junior as he was waking was due to the vision that Sully had given him.

Rising Angel: Amazing the sympathy you can feel for a character who's an utter bastard!  Great art from Percival, and I can't help wondering.......if he had drawn 'Reaper', would it have been a bit more palatable?  Similar style to Langley....just clearer ad less 'busy'.  Who knows!

I'd always felt sympathy for Mean (well, since we got the 'origin story' for him) - it wasn't his fault he was part of the Angel family, and that his Pa had him operated upon.  I'm hoping whether he returns or not, he stays as Not-so-Mean (because his having lobotomies and then turning bad was done too many times).

Ghost MacRoth

Aaaahhhh..... that could make sense!  Junior was his favourite after all. 

I always 'liked' mean, but rarely felt sympathy.  You are right though, not his fault he was a manufactured mentalist.  He was however, REALLY well made! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Magnetica

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 19 March, 2015, 09:01:13 PM
Hopefully not the last we've seen of mean

Well Henry Dubble says the story is completely true...expect for the bits he had to guess at.

So I would say that pretty much leaves it open if they want to do another story.

The cover was nice, but it was just a shame the "spirit" in his mind is obscured by the logo  - I didn't even notice it until I saw the thumbnail on page 3.

DrJomster

Really good Meg this month. Well worth trying if you don't already subscribe.

I'm going to give a special shout out for American Reaper though. This has really grown on me. I'm good with the art style and once you've made that leap, it's gorgeous stuff to look at. Story-wise, I'd like to see more from this world. The setting and the story have got a strong feel and, importantly, they're memorable. Not something you can say about everything you come across.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.