Main Menu

Meg 361 and new logo

Started by Dash Decent, 10 June, 2015, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I can't say I'm taken by the font but let's see if it grows on me.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I like it. It stands out for me!!! :D
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

I like it a lot more than the previous one. (Slightly surprised to not see a 2000 AD badge on there, given thoughts we'd heard in the past, but its omission isn't detrimental in any way.)

SmallBlueThing

Yeah,  I like that too. I'd been expecting a progbadge next to a movie-alike font.  But that's really nice I think.
SBT

Spaceghost

Yeah, that's really nice. The unfussy design will allow the cover art to breathe too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dark Jimbo

Refreshingly uncluttered, which is nice. It also looks very, very similar to the current prog design (which makes sense) while clearly being a different mag.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tjm86

Looking at this weeks Thrill Mail with the line up, It's looking nice.  El Maldito?  I'm thinking this harks back to Mr Ezquerra's Battle work, perhaps crossed with the original conception of Dredd.  Of course I could be wrong.

Ghost MacRoth

Mmm, not sure.  Awful plain isn't it?  Will give it a few weeks to see if perhaps it looks better in the flesh....well....paper! 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 June, 2015, 06:33:41 PM
El Maldito?  I'm thinking this harks back to Mr Ezquerra's Battle work, perhaps crossed with the original conception of Dredd.  Of course I could be wrong.

Presumably...

@jamesfeistdraws

Molch-R

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 June, 2015, 06:33:41 PM
Looking at this weeks Thrill Mail with the line up, It's looking nice.  El Maldito?  I'm thinking this harks back to Mr Ezquerra's Battle work, perhaps crossed with the original conception of Dredd.  Of course I could be wrong.

If you listen to this week's Thrill-Cast it will all become clear ;)

Hawkmumbler

Wasn't their mumbelings about El Mestizo getting a reprint soon?

IndigoPrime

"marking Rennie's final work on the lawman of the future"

:(

Spikes

Not a Meg buyer - though I do have a good run of the early ones in my collection.
But as it's a Carlos Dredd tale, and a kinda jumping on prog Meg, I might give this a whirl...

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 June, 2015, 07:55:20 PM
"marking Rennie's final work on the lawman of the future"

:(

Really?   :o
Damn.