Main Menu

Meg 361 and new logo

Started by Dash Decent, 10 June, 2015, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I like that Star Trek cover me. It bloody brilliant compared to the rest...

Tjm86

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 June, 2015, 11:00:57 AM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 14 June, 2015, 01:28:12 AM
Isn't that missing the point of design and peoples own personal tastes, which the last time I checked, as we live in a free country we are all allowed to have without being maligned?

I think you misunderstand how a free country works.

Also: since you weren't complaining, why would you think you were being "maligned"? If, on the other hand, you were being offended on behalf some hypothetical other person, may I suggest getting a new hobby?

Cheers

Jim

pedantry perhaps?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 June, 2015, 11:45:42 AM
pedantry perhaps?

I would point out that the text you quote isn't pedantry, but doing so would be pedantic.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

sorry, just suggesting other hobby options.

Jacqusie

Isn't that missing the point of design and peoples own personal tastes, which the last time I checked, as we live in a free country we are all allowed to have without being maligned?

I can't wait for you to tell me Jim.

You don't seem shy of an opinion or two on here so go for it.

The last time you kindly popped up with some pearls of wisdom I recall you were asking me if I was a dick.

I'm sure, again you have your own opinion on that too.

I'm also grateful for your advice on finding a new hobby.

Thanks for that, I'll have a think. I'm not sure that's going to help me enjoy the new logo any more though, but good of you to offer your input once more like a ray of sunshine into my dull & grey existence...

Cheers

Si

Ghost MacRoth

So, hopefully moving on......

Cover:  Nice.  Personally not fussed about covering the logo, and still not sure if I like it.  But hey, it's there now, and unlikely to change again for a while.

Dredd:  Nice western feel going on, should play out nice with Carlos' style.

Interrogation: Skimmed rather than skipped for a change, as I do rather like Ronald's work.  As always though, didn't really grab my attention long.

Demon Nic: Mmmm....Not sure.  Feel like I don't like the art....but then I don't hate it.....so maybe I like it a wee bit, no....no, I don't.  wait....maybe I do.  Baws...I dunno.  Scripting, too early to tell.

Anderson: Saving for later.

Storm Warning: Brit Cit stuff!  Nice art from Swan (A newcomer?  Don't recall the name at all) and a potentially interesting tale in the making.

Lawless: Very lovely art, and I did like the last run, so I'm hoping this will be another enjoyable outing for the character.

And I got printed in Dreddlines, hoorah!  Buttonman, watch out, that's me up to TWO times now, I'm catching up.....slowly. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jacqusie on 14 June, 2015, 10:46:11 PM

I already did. You'll notice that I struck out part of your text in my previous post. As I have noted at (tedious) length in the past, being entitled to an opinion doesn't preclude other people from pointing out that it's a stupid opinion. I don't actually care either way on this specific point, I was merely baffled as to why you would jump into a thread on which you hadn't previously commented to express your outrage that someone might criticise an opinion you hadn't actually expressed.

That would seem, to me, the very epitome of being offended solely for the sake of taking offense. Life is way too short for that, IMO. You are, of course, at liberty to disagree.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 June, 2015, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 June, 2015, 11:45:42 AM
pedantry perhaps?

I would point out that the text you quote isn't pedantry, but doing so would be pedantic.

Cheers

Jim

Better a pedant than a pederast, I always say.
Lock up your spoons!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 June, 2015, 11:19:08 PM

As I have noted at (tedious) length in the past, being entitled to an opinion doesn't preclude other people from pointing out that it's a stupid opinion.

Jim, we will have to agree to disagree on this one & let the thread get back to it's topic.

Not wishing to have the last word, I would like though to be at peace tonight with you. My blessings to you.

Si

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them".
Dalai Lama

The Monarch

Whats in the next floppy?

I mean other than herpes heroes i mean

The Enigmatic Dr X

I liked the Harlem Heroes then, and I liked it again over the last few months.

And, like Tharg says, the art is gorgeous.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

Tjm86

I've always said to the kids, if you want to live in a democracy,  move to America.

You don't seem shy of an opinion or two on here so go for it.

The last time you kindly popped up with some pearls of wisdom I recall you were asking me if I was a dick.

I'm sure, again you have your own opinion on that too.

I'm also grateful for your advice on finding a new hobby.

Thanks for that, I'll have a think. I'm not sure that's going to help me enjoy the new logo any more though, but good of you to offer your input once more like a ray of sunshine into my dull & grey existence...

Cheers

Si

sheridan

Quote from: Butch on 14 June, 2015, 09:01:05 AM

Wow - they don't like women do they?  You don't get to cover the logo if you're female, vulcan or a boy wizard.  Dwarves, hobbits, slightly older wizards, Kryptonians, gods and human males get to do what they want.  Oh well, at least the women are allowed to face the camera (instead of facing away, but looking over their shoulder towards it - like on most film posters these days).

sheridan

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 June, 2015, 11:07:53 PM
Anderson: Saving for later.
Is there a new Anderson story?  I thought Beeby's two-parter was the only thing scheduled.