Main Menu

Humble Bundle games, including Bioshock Bundle

Started by Mardroid, 27 June, 2015, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I've never played any of the Bioshock games, but I've read good things about them.

This looks like an excellent deal. £7.99 for the three? Think I might just take the plunge!

Hoping my laptop will manage it.  It's not exactly a gaming machine but these are relatively old games, and I think it meets the minimum requirements.

I linked to the main page of the offer, in case any other games take peoples' fancy.

NapalmKev

Get it! All three games are good (the first being the best, IMO) and £7.99 for the 3 is a steal!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Zenith 666

Played through first bioshock again in February and it's still incredible.its sequel not as strong with afar weaker story and outstays it's welcome but still enjoyable.Infinites absolutely superb and the burial at sea Dlc highly recommended.£7.99 is borderline theft for such quality.

Mardroid

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'm downloading the first one now. Taking ages! But I don't exactly have the fastest connction and I'm doing it over wifi. (Thinking about it I probably should have plugged the laptop directly into the router, but never mind. A number of people in the house at the moment but I might do that for the other two.)

ThryllSeekyr

I've only just started playing the first again since getting all of the Bio-Shock-Games-In-One-Package ages ago and stopped due to running out of Hard-Drive space and serious need to video my games plays.

Right now I'm only concentrating on Elite Dangerous (Just finished a near marathon game session early this morning before going back to bed.) and The Witcher Three -Wild Hunt. (More epic than I originally thought.....)

Looking forward to playing Bio-Shock - Infinite one day.

Mardroid

After a long download I started playing the first game yesterday.

I have not got very far yet but the mechanics seem okay. It was a bit weird to start with as some of the controls were not set so I could only move back and forth and strafe sideways but couldn't seem to look around. (Weirdly when I played it again briefly this morning I found the mouse pad allowed all that which is much more intuitive, but I don't think it did that yesterday. I spent a while setting specific keys.)

But it seems okay now, although I wil probably change a few things to make it more comfortable.

I downloaded the sequels overnight. Decided to try them this morning (just to ensure they work, I don't plan on playing them until I finish the first game, or at least make good headway). After ages doing Visual C++ confiuration on Bioshock 2 I get the message "Your video is lower spec than required." (Or words to that effect.) They still gave me the option of continuing, but I thought it best not to. I doubt anything would be damaged, it would probably just crash or run very slowly and look terrible, but anyway.

If Bioshock 2 is above spec, then I guess Infinite will definitely be.

Still, £7.99 is still good for just BioShock, when you consider it's over £13 through Steam directly (although I could probably buy it on disk for less nowadays, particularly if I want to go the second hand but even so. Benefits, a charity this way too...) And I've got the other games if I ever fork out for a gaming PC. (I'm not sure I'd do that though. The hardware is so expensive, although if you do a lot of gaming - which I don't - it might prove cheaper in the long run.)

I was sure my laptop would manage them all though. It's not that old, and didn't even Infinite come out a couple of years back?

This venture illustrates what I like about console gaming - if it's for your console it should work. Although they tend to cost more than the PC equivalent. And you don't get the cracking Steam deals. At least, in this case, my mistake did not prove too costly. And I've got one (hopefully great) game to play.

CheechFU

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 June, 2015, 10:11:36 AM
After a long download I started playing the first game yesterday.

I have not got very far yet but the mechanics seem okay. It was a bit weird to start with as some of the controls were not set so I could only move back and forth and strafe sideways but couldn't seem to look around. (Weirdly when I played it again briefly this morning I found the mouse pad allowed all that which is much more intuitive, but I don't think it did that yesterday. I spent a while setting specific keys.)

But it seems okay now, although I wil probably change a few things to make it more comfortable.

I downloaded the sequels overnight. Decided to try them this morning (just to ensure they work, I don't plan on playing them until I finish the first game, or at least make good headway). After ages doing Visual C++ confiuration on Bioshock 2 I get the message "Your video is lower spec than required." (Or words to that effect.) They still gave me the option of continuing, but I thought it best not to. I doubt anything would be damaged, it would probably just crash or run very slowly and look terrible, but anyway.

If Bioshock 2 is above spec, then I guess Infinite will definitely be.

Still, £7.99 is still good for just BioShock, when you consider it's over £13 through Steam directly (although I could probably buy it on disk for less nowadays, particularly if I want to go the second hand but even so. Benefits, a charity this way too...) And I've got the other games if I ever fork out for a gaming PC. (I'm not sure I'd do that though. The hardware is so expensive, although if you do a lot of gaming - which I don't - it might prove cheaper in the long run.)

I was sure my laptop would manage them all though. It's not that old, and didn't even Infinite come out a couple of years back?

This venture illustrates what I like about console gaming - if it's for your console it should work. Although they tend to cost more than the PC equivalent. And you don't get the cracking Steam deals. At least, in this case, my mistake did not prove too costly. And I've got one (hopefully great) game to play.
what spec is your pc?

ThryllSeekyr

This game was once a Xmas present from my dad along with Sins of the Solar Empire,  One of the Wolverine (Where he jumped put of plane or copter without a parachute and had to fight all these jungle soldiers and monsters or mother mutants and even feline dude. Awesome, enhanced sense and healing factor abilities shown in a most novel fashion. Watching him regrow flesh and bone from his torso and almost from nothing.) Age of Conan. (Awesome finishing moves and partial nudity and but very difficult in the long term.) This was back in 2010 and not long after he gave me Batman - Arkham Asylum, for my birthday.

I was able to play this first Bio-Shock game up until reached the level where there were these circular stairwells and other walk ways . Where their were a whole heap of those big-fella's. This afer the level where there were a lot of furnaces in inter-connecting rooms .....

What ever level came after Hephastus

The Wiki doesn't really indicate this. Yet , the name sticks out like sore thumb.

The game crash's every time I tried to complete this level.

Here's hoping I the STEAM version has been fixed.

The Enigmatic Dr X

By coincidence, I just finished Bioshock on the PC. I'm clearing out old steam games on the PC while mixing it up with new Xbone games.

Was planning Bioshock, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock 2, Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Knight.

Not played any of them before; I had a Bioshock save lost to an RROD.

Bioshock reminded me of Falliut 3, but with less RPG bits.

Now all confused as Black Flag will be free from the 1st. What to play, what to play...
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 28 June, 2015, 04:32:50 PM
By coincidence, I just finished Bioshock on the PC. I'm clearing out old steam games on the PC while mixing it up with new Xbone games.

Was planning Bioshock, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock 2, Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Knight.

Not played any of them before; I had a Bioshock save lost to an RROD.

Bioshock reminded me of Falliut 3, but with less RPG bits.

Now all confused as Black Flag will be free from the 1st. What to play, what to play...

Assassin's Creed - Black Flag is a good game, and better if you like pirates, but you have to do your regular skullduggery and normal stealthy things in the first village before you are able to become captain of your pirate ship and I only stopped playing at that stage because I needed the space on my hard-drive.