Main Menu

Maybe any sequel or reboot should be called MEGA CITY 1?

Started by ABCwarBOT, 06 July, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Skullmo on 07 July, 2015, 03:27:42 AM
Why not call the film - Earth! And then you could have all the mega cities in it with all the judges.

I don't know if you're joking or not but MC1 does have er some (a lot) relation to Dredd whilst Earth, why that could be to do with anything.

COMMANDO FORCES

By the way, we discussed this ages ago when I showed a mock up title for this very series.

Also, Karl said after his last TV series that he wouldn't do another one, mainly due to the way it affected his family life. Then again, never say never, before anyone else does  ;)

Spaceghost

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2015, 12:53:23 AM
Maybe people who wouldn't go to see a Dredd film otherwise but  like the sound of a big sci fi blockbuster.

Recent big budget sci-fi flops like Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending suggest that this is definitely not the case.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Skullmo

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2015, 06:15:03 AM
Why not call the film - Earth! And then you could have all the mega cities in it with all the judges.

I don't know if you're joking or not but MC1 does have er some (a lot) relation to Dredd whilst Earth, why that could be to do with anything.

Yeah I know - there will be more fans. You can get the eco people who think it is about global warming! It would be a bigger hit
It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

But you were arguing that the title reminding people of Judge Dredd was what kept them away. The title EARTH wouldn't remind people of Judge Dredd at all, so that would be a good thing.

MEGA-CITY ONE is certainly a fantastically vague title, which doesn't really remind you of anything except rubbish channel 5 shows about large scale engineering projects, but if you're making something about Judge Dredd and don't want to remind anyone of Judge Dredd, then HEAVY ARMORED SPECIAL COP is the way to go every time.

DaveGYNWA

And the sequel to the sequel could be called Mega City 2!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Rusty

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2015, 02:29:37 AM
Quote from: Rusty on 07 July, 2015, 01:32:47 AM
For a Netflix or HBO series, maybe. For a film? No way.

So what would you call another Dredd based film?
Seeing we're trying to be ambiguous, or reluctant to call it Dredd, I'd call it "The dude playin' a dude, disguised as another dude." That'll throw them off the scent.

Just plain old Dredd 2 will do me.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Won't calling it DREDD 2 Confuse people, as they've already seen (or not, as the case seems to be) DREDD 3D. They'll wonder what's going on :lol:

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

PlanetReplicas

Actually -

Call it Judge Anderson , Psi Division instead.......

Opening episode could bring us up to her sitting in the interview room/ her first scene in DREDD.

As she's past being a rookie by the end of the film, her story ark would then continue after the events in DREDD, and would easily allow coverage all of the Dredd World/ Mega City scenarios (including The Dark Judges....)

Urban/ Dredd could make random guest appearances to add spice and link some canon to the story,and a strong female lead like Anderson would be welcome.

( yeh, I read these threads !!)

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

ZenArcade

Within the context of one disaster and one patrial wIn as far as Dredd films go, ABC maybe not too far off the measure.  Judge Dredd is patently more interesting as a world as opposed to a singular personage. Give a ministries set in an all the other realisable future a chance and see how it plays out. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Butch on 07 July, 2015, 12:38:02 PM

But you were arguing that the title reminding people of Judge Dredd was what kept them away. The title EARTH wouldn't remind people of Judge Dredd at all, so that would be a good thing.

MEGA-CITY ONE is certainly a fantastically vague title, which doesn't really remind you of anything except rubbish channel 5 shows about large scale engineering projects, but if you're making something about Judge Dredd and don't want to remind anyone of Judge Dredd, then HEAVY ARMORED SPECIAL COP is the way to go every time.

What I'm talking about is a title that is Dredd related but  doesn't have Dredd in the title like the other 2 films.    When many people see it they won't automatically associate it with Dredd (the people who have heard of Judge Dredd but wouldn't go out of their way to see a Judge Dredd based film.