Main Menu

Maybe any sequel or reboot should be called MEGA CITY 1?

Started by ABCwarBOT, 06 July, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: ZenArcade on 07 July, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
Within the context of one disaster and one patrial wIn as far as Dredd films go, ABC maybe not too far off the measure.  Judge Dredd is patently more interesting as a world as opposed to a singular personage. Give a ministries set in an all the other realisable future a chance and see how it plays out. Z

Exactly.  There's many interesting aspects to the city for a start.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Spaceghost on 07 July, 2015, 08:25:42 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2015, 12:53:23 AM
Maybe people who wouldn't go to see a Dredd film otherwise but  like the sound of a big sci fi blockbuster.

Recent big budget sci-fi flops like Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending suggest that this is definitely not the case.

There's no guarantees with these things unless it's something like Star Wars.   Both Dredd films didn't do very well at the box office anyway even if Dredd found a bit of a market on dvd.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I can't wait for the trailer, so that the complaining can begin :lol:

Skullmo

That is a good idea actually a film about a city - they could do with with time lapse filming so you can just see all the cars going past fast and stuff.
It's a joke. I was joking.

ZenArcade

Lol, the cit spawns more stories, scenarios ; sociopathic. Situations....who loses? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: Skullmo on 08 July, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
That is a good idea actually a film about a city - they could do with with time lapse filming so you can just see all the cars going past fast and stuff.

Maybe the city could come to life and have emotions, like in Ghostbusters 2 or Les Amants du Pont-Neuf.

The female lead would be a kooky young career girl (Zooey/SJP) who's all alone in a new city, trying to make it in a desirable profession despite a mean boss who doesn't appreciate her.  She dates a series of men but ultimately realises that her real love is the city. The girl and the city could wouldn't have sex: https://youtu.be/cv-0mmVnxPA 

I, Cosh

Quote from: Skullmo on 08 July, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
Think Andy Warhol did this fifty years ago. Although he did cut out all the exciting bits with cars: Empire (state of mind.)
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Butch on 08 July, 2015, 09:58:43 PM
The girl and the city could wouldn't have sex: https://youtu.be/cv-0mmVnxPA

If you're going to post bombastic Carly Simon vidjos set in New York city you can't ignore this masterpiece

Skullmo

QuickQuag

I know everyone and their whippet has one of these (even Shaun the Sheep and Wallace and Gromit share a universe!) but how about an 'equal' instead of a sequel? Don't name it after Dredd - introduce a new-ish player. Call it Chopper, or or Anderson or what have you, have JD appear in there for a bit as antagonist or supporting character, but emphasise the world-building aspect. Avoids the stink of past disappointments via a Dredd title, but still offers the same world, the same huge cast of players?
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 July, 2015, 10:32:50 PM
Quote from: Butch on 08 July, 2015, 09:58:43 PM
The girl and the city could wouldn't have sex: https://youtu.be/cv-0mmVnxPA

If you're going to post bombastic Carly Simon vidjos set in New York city you can't ignore this masterpiece

Expecting beautiful women to also be able to dance is unfair.

ABCwarBOT

Well maybe Dredd 2 or something like Dredd Salvation or Genysis could work for dvd (where Dredd found a bit of a market) but  it would probably bomb at the cinemas again if Dredd was in the title.   

JOE SOAP

Quoteit would probably bomb at the cinemas again if Dredd was in the title.   

Call it Judge Joe.

radiator

If the proposed trilogy had happened, i would bet money that films 2 and 3 would have been called:

Dredd: Origins

Dredd Vs Death

Skullmo

Yeah I think they should make a film about a minor character in the Judge Dredd universe, how about a film about Maria? You could just make it about Judge Dredd's cleaning lady - Rob Schneider could play her.

What would be so good about that is you would not have the stigma of 2 Dredd flops attached to it, and also you would not have to tell an action story. In fact you could tell a slice of life drama. get Pedro Almodovar to direct it!

I think we are onto a winner lads.

Now . . . . . about that funding.