Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent Summer Gathering - Sat 15th August 2015

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 09 July, 2015, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It's coming up to the hot summer again down here in the South, so why not meet up with like minded folk, buy 2000 AD stuff and then go for a few pints and some grub, in that big city of London.

This time it's Saturday 15th August

If you don't know the drills, it's very easy. We all meet up at Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue between 12:00 - 13:00 and then wander down Neal Street (opposite the shop) and into The Crown and Anchor, which is on the left and is a corner building. We then take over a large area, drink, chat and have a good time. At some time during this time, we do try to fit in some food.

There is no obligation to stay to the end, or even make it in time for the shop. If you want to come along then any time will do. All are welcome, so don't be shy, just say hello and join in.

We do have a facebook page, (link below) which you can join, if you like to keep up with things but we do post on here during the day, if we remember ;)

2000 AD Southern Contingent Gathering

I hope we see some new faces from the forum at this one, as it's always good to put faces to names :wave:

sheridan

ZenArcade

Great to see the Southers gathering to drink beer; eat food; share convivial yarns and most importantly discuss and propagate all things 2000AD. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

SuperSurfer

sheridan

And in case anyone is wondering, the signing on the day in question is Nick Abadzis (some-time 2000AD droid, but may have escaped the notice of Squaxx who aren't familiar with his Deadline work).
Forbidden Planet Event Page

COMMANDO FORCES

DROKK! Do I bring the 5 big books up to get signed and carry them around all day again, or not!

W. R. Logan

COMMANDO FORCES

SuperSurfer

COMMANDO FORCES

Superb! We may visit a pub that has a bit of 2000 AD & Dredd merchandise behind the bar this time ;)

Albion

Just booked a ticket for The Albion game at Fulham that day so I will come along to the gathering at some point too.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Eamonn Clarke

got my ticket to ride and my travel documents approved by the Chief Judge herself. See you in FP or the pub

sheridan

Not long now - did someone say there may be a visit to the Cro Bar at some point too?

Mardroid

I don't think I'll make it this time. I'm going through some financial issues. (As in, still waiting to be paid for last month.) Of course I could get paid tomorrow.. Or it could be next month. Or longer. Silly situation. I need to apply for a different job.

I'm looking forward to the overview on here though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Mardroid don't be silly, I'll quite happily get you a couple of pints in. Never think that you can't pop along for a few due to such things, we're all friends of Tharg here ;)

Sheridan, yes that's on the list and we could pop into The Ship (that was the pub everyone met up in for the Soho Dredd screening).