Main Menu

The House of Daemon out now!

Started by maryanddavid, 09 July, 2015, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 19 July, 2015, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 July, 2015, 05:25:52 PM
How's about that Alien Invasion strip from Battle?

Oh, Invasion 1984? I've heard really good things about it - particularly Eric Bradbury's art, and the fun concept - but I've yet to read it. It's popped up a couple of times as a request before too.

Don't remember that one and haven't heard of it (might have been after my Battle time?) but with Eric Bradbury on art sure to be a winner.

How's copyright on the Battle stuff, what did Titan grab? Did they only buy what they've reprinted? If other stuff is available surely The Sarge deserves a run out?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 July, 2015, 08:37:54 AM
Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 19 July, 2015, 10:22:44 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 July, 2015, 05:25:52 PM
How's about that Alien Invasion strip from Battle?

Oh, Invasion 1984? I've heard really good things about it - particularly Eric Bradbury's art, and the fun concept - but I've yet to read it. It's popped up a couple of times as a request before too.

Thats the one! Thanks Amstor, I knew Bradbury was on art duties for it but couldn't remember the exact name.  :)

Colin, I think Battles library is owned by a different company to Titan who leased them the rights to a few titles for reprint (Charleys War and Johnny Red etc). Others are still withheld I believe.

Don't remember that one and haven't heard of it (might have been after my Battle time?) but with Eric Bradbury on art sure to be a winner.

How's copyright on the Battle stuff, what did Titan grab? Did they only buy what they've reprinted? If other stuff is available surely The Sarge deserves a run out?

Bazooka Joe

I'd like to see Fighting Mann reprinted. The more Cam Kennedy we can see, the better.

Spikes

^ Seconded.
Fighting Mann was my first introduction to Cam's work. Incredible stuff, and I loved it straight off the bat. Pocket money being what it was back then, certain comics had to be let go of, to make way for others, so I never did get to read this tale all the way to the end, so a reprint would be all kinds of lovely.

glassstanley

Now the greyscale has been proven to work, how about trying out some of the photo-stories?

I suspect mine is a lone voice hankering for a Complete Manix.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: glassstanley on 20 July, 2015, 09:16:40 PM
Now the greyscale has been proven to work, how about trying out some of the photo-stories?

I suspect mine is a lone voice hankering for a Complete Manix.

Heh, I suspect it might be :) That said, I have a big soft spot for Carmona's Manix (that Boys from Brazil-inspired one is great, silly fun too) so if David ever picked that for reprint I'd be in hog heaven!

Fighting Mann is another I've never read, but I've heard great things about it and Cam's art is lovely - the setting is unusual for British war comics too.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 20 July, 2015, 10:36:09 PM
Fighting Mann is another I've never read, but I've heard great things about it and Cam's art is lovely - the setting is unusual for British war comics too.

I don't think there's a lot of it, but I have this vague feeling that Cam did a couple of shorter and/or self-contained stories for Battle, so maybe there'd be enough material for a Cam-themed volume...?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

maryanddavid

There are some sick people on this thread, Manix!? :P
A Cam themed book is a nice idea...

Skullmo

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 19 July, 2015, 03:50:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly on 18 July, 2015, 05:43:26 PMI couldn't agree more.

Now, please tell me that you are working on a complete Monster collection...  ;)

Monster would be brilliant,

Did someone say Monster!

It gives me a chance to show off my recenet Redondo commission!

It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

Hawkmumbler

Ouch! Some talent just stuck in my eye! :o

Bat King

I've reviewed this brilliant book (belatedly, real life got in the way...)

You can read it here.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Woolly

Quote from: Skullmo on 21 July, 2015, 12:20:05 AM

Did someone say Monster!

It gives me a chance to show off my recent Redondo commission!

:o  :o  :o
Jealousy circuits overloading! Astounding work.

The House Of Daemon turned up last week, just got a chance to read it.
I'm sure I don't need to cover how lovely this collection looks, or just how incredible the reproduction is.
Top marks again for presentation.
The story is classic Wagner & Grant, and the art... Ortiz's work is at an all-time high on this. Just jaw-droppingly beautiful.

A truly essential purchase this one, here's a handy link - buy it!
http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/store/products/the-house-of-daemon/

johnnystress

Quote from: Skullmo on 21 July, 2015, 12:20:05 AM
Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 19 July, 2015, 03:50:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly on 18 July, 2015, 05:43:26 PMI couldn't agree more.

Now, please tell me that you are working on a complete Monster collection...  ;)

Monster would be brilliant,

Did someone say Monster!

It gives me a chance to show off my recenet Redondo commission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdR8MOOhdG4