Main Menu

The House of Daemon out now!

Started by maryanddavid, 09 July, 2015, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Aye! Another thumbs up from me on everything you and Amstor touch, M&D. Loving Hibernia's out put.

Prodigal2

David you have referred to a new collection on your facebook page. Any time-line on this?

Proudhuff

Picked this up in FP in Edinbra, great stuff wonderful, wonderful artwork.
DDT did a job on me

maryanddavid

Thanks Huff!   It will be out soon Prodigal, finishing touches to be applied and printer to be booked. I should have a good idea in a few weeks.

Prodigal2

Quote from: maryanddavid on 11 January, 2016, 09:52:20 PM
Thanks Huff!   It will be out soon Prodigal, finishing touches to be applied and printer to be booked. I should have a good idea in a few weeks.

Thanks!

Prodigal2

It's out now play-mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dash Decent

Are you going to start a thread announcing this, maryanddavid?

Not to steal your thunder...

(Just clocked that it's 'no.1', too - that's promising!)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Amstor Computer

I'm pretty sure David will be along ASAP to announce it properly - the last email I had from him was late last night as he was getting everything organised for launch, so he may be a bit frazzled!

Until he starts a new thread for it, all I'll say is that he's picked a cracking set of complete short stories for reprint that show off why the '80s Eagle is still fondly remembered, and stand as good adventure tales in their own right - and it's a hell of a selection of comics talent too. Alan Moore scripting a photostory? Jim Baikie on Doomlord? Ian Kennedy on Dare? Carlos Ezquerra drawing KGB action? It's brilliant, bonkers fun :-)

The Amstor Computer

...and just as I open my big mouth, I see he's started a thread for it  :D

maryanddavid

House of Daemon, limited numbers back in stock! Get 'em quick!
http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: maryanddavid on 19 February, 2017, 10:32:23 PM

If you missed out on this last time, buy it now. Seriously -- it's great. Fantastic job on the production side for a quality presentation, exactly the sort of fast-paced inventive stuff you'd expect from a Wagner/Grant script of this vintage, and phenomenal art from Ortiz... possibly my favourite of his work that I'm familiar with.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Woolly

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 February, 2017, 10:48:40 PM

If you missed out on this last time, buy it now. Seriously -- it's great. Fantastic job on the production side for a quality presentation, exactly the sort of fast-paced inventive stuff you'd expect from a Wagner/Grant script of this vintage, and phenomenal art from Ortiz... possibly my favourite of his work that I'm familiar with.

Couldn't agree more.
The quality of the reproduction is simply stunning, as is always the case with Hibernia releases.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Woolly on 20 February, 2017, 08:27:45 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 February, 2017, 10:48:40 PM

Couldn't agree more.
The quality of the reproduction is simply stunning, as is always the case with Hibernia releases.

Just to add my agreement with all of this. If you don't own it buy it. Its really that simple!

maryanddavid

Thanks lads, Amstor is to thanks for the artwork looking so well, he spent a lot of time matching it to the original.

Tony Angelino

Bought this when it first came out. Really good and presented very professionally.

Are there any plans for a reprint of The Fifth Horseman? I have it in my head that it was also drawn by Ortiz but I could be wrong. I don't think I've seen it since it was first printed in Eagle.