Main Menu

Wolverine 3: Old Man Logan?

Started by Goaty, 28 July, 2015, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Reviews out and it all good for Logan

DrRocka

Just got back from seeing this with Dad (he's 70, I'm 43). We both absolutely loved it. Easily the most enjoyable comic movie since Dredd (high praise). This film has REAL heart but moves like lightning when it wants to. I'm sitting here in the pub now taking it all in over a Guinness. Wow.

All I can say without giving out spoilers is Go And See It. It's easily the best film with a Marvel connection in my book, and as I'm a huge fan of westerns you'all see some connections to a certain classic starring Jack Palance. I'll post more when we've all seen it.

Ps. I know it's unlikely that anything about this film will set next years oscars season alight, but Jackman and Mr. Stewart deserve high exultation for this one.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Tiplodocus

Even Mrs Tips is gagging for this.

Plus how good were Stewart, Jackman and guest on Graham Norton the other night. Looked like they have genuinely enjoyed working together all these years. I don't think I've ever seen as much flirting on the couch.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

NapalmKev

Stunning film! Easily my favourite from the Marvel stable. Very good performances all round!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Rara Avis

Saw this yesterday and it is unreal. An amazing swansong for Jackman in his last Wolverine role. The Dr is right, Stewart and Jackman really do deserve awards for their performances. It was incredible from start to finish, great story, great acting and some amazing fight scenes. It's 11/10 for me.

Just a few questions though?

[spoiler]Was X-24 a straight up clone of Logan? He looked different not just younger, like a bit of Sabretooth was in there ... [/spoiler]

[spoiler]What was the Westchester incident? Is this something from the comicverse or just made up for the movie. I gather Professor X had one of his spasms and some people died but is there more to it than that ..[/spoiler]

Frank

I, Cosh

How many people have corrected him about the claws so Far?
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 March, 2017, 07:57:09 PM
How many people have corrected him about the claws so Far?

No real people. Just nerds*.

* Real answer: six, but one of them thought they were Unobtainium

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Rara Avis on 05 March, 2017, 03:47:23 PM
[spoiler]What was the Westchester incident? Is this something from the comicverse or just made up for the movie. I gather Professor X had one of his spasms and some people died but is there more to it than that ..[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
The incident, comics-wise (Old Man Logan), involved Wolverine killing a load of the x-men at the School for Gifted Youngsters (which was in Westchester County, New York) while under the influence of Mysterio.

Film-wise, it's Charles responsible for the incident - and it's referred to in one of the tv spots in the film.....one of the reports about it, which referred to 600 injured and many deaths, ends with "several x-" and then Logan turns off the TV.
[/spoiler]
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Radbacker

wow that was a ballsy movie, lots of heart and plenty of stabbings, probably the best X movie so far (if you dont count Deadpool as an X movie).  A top send off for Jackman and Stewart but damn if the whole thing isn't a bit of a downer, what a shitty shitty world they built up.  I wonder if they'll have the Ballstocontinue the X franchise with the no-names in this dark near mutantless world or will it just get re-set in another movie
[spoiler]The kids with Laura they're The New Mutants right?  I've not read alot of the X Comic spin offs but recognised some of the names (Richter) and powers, once again what a heavy ending sad to see him go but from frame 1 I guess it was inevitable if the satabbies didn't get him the admantium would've[/spoiler]

CU Radbacker

Bolt-01

Saw it Sat night and I've been mulling it over since. It was, for me, a superb film. The main cast got some superb moments with my favourite I think being a quiet monologue from Patrick Stewart that almost had me in tears. As an actor he just gets better and better.

The action sequences are as brutal as they could get away with and I reckon that Johnny Cash has had some serious downloads this weekend.

matty_ae

I thought it was genuinely inventive in the (15 certificate!!!!) action scenes and bezerker moments but:

1) All 3 villains were as dull as they get. Machine-arm man, scientist and the one I won't mention. Dull dull dull.

2) This doesn't help progress the x-men movies at all. I'd love to have seen THIS wolverine interacting with the team

3) It dodged the CGI bullet but just replaced it with a fourth scene of heroes being chased by armoured cards with gun mounts on them.

So long Hugh Jackman. So long Patrick Stewart. Lets do something fresh now.

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Saw this with Subtitled version today, loved it! One of best Marvel films! Hugo and Patrick is so great in it!