Main Menu

Megazine 363 - Lone Star

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 16 August, 2015, 02:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Cover by Phil Winslade.

Fantastic full page explosion by Carlos.

Interviews with Paul Cornell and Nick Abadzis and a new comics feature on Rom of the Reds

The mind boggling detail in Winslade's Lawless art continues.

Haven't read the Demon Nic or Storm Warning yet.

The free floppy is Lobster Random

The Adventurer

Is anything else reprinted with Lobster Random? Just curious since part of Forget Me Knot ran last issue.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

Go Machine (Ewing/Elson, 1496–1498) and Spaceland (Ewing/Bagwell, 1508). I especially enjoyed the latter, which I didn't remember from the Prog itself.

The Adventurer

Go Machine? Really? That's a blast from the past (for me anyway).

I also don't recall Spaceland, by name at least.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

Ah. Was curious as to what would bulk out this final Lobster Random collection. Nice stuff.

Proudhuff

Bit of a dip this Meg, not just 'cause of the poor quality of the Dreddlines either. All the tales seem to be in full Basil Exposition mode, while the interrogations  and articles have slipped-in from a copy of Whovian  Weekly. There's also the mega-high talent of previous megazines and the current Prog to content with I suppose.
I'm still unsure of the H&S element (never mind riding a motorsickle) of that body length pigtail, perhaps washing all that hair is why she's always getting in and out of baths?

on the positive side.... no Sexy Ostriches!!
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 August, 2015, 11:32:58 AM
I'm still unsure of the H&S element (never mind riding a motorsickle) of that body length pigtail, perhaps washing all that hair is why she's always getting in and out of baths?

on the positive side.... no Sexy Ostriches!!
If Lawless runs as long as Sexy Ostriches, it will almost make up for the existence of Sexy Ostriches. Almost.

Geoff

Enjoying Dredd and Demon Nic. Rather ho-hum about the other strips and very ho-hum about all the Dr Who related content.

Hawkmumbler

I suspect the Doctor Who related material is to coincide with the new series and the new collection from Panini. Oh, and the new Titan Four Doctors mini series.

Fungus

Dr Who is clogging up the meg? Damn. Not a fan of (Who or) the presumed interest in other 'similar' material. The ubiquitous Star Wars? Pfft.

Hope the Who material in tomorrow's mag isn't so bad... plenty of mags already out there if that's your thing.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 August, 2015, 11:32:58 AM
...I'm still unsure of the H&S element (never mind riding a motorsickle) of that body length pigtail, perhaps washing all that hair is why she's always getting in and out of baths?

Would love to know what Dredd had to say about it!
@jamesfeistdraws

Geoff

Harsh words, if his reaction to Judge Lopez's moustache is anything to go by...

Theblazeuk

The real source of the Insurrection.

Ghost MacRoth

Cover:  Lovely.

Dredd:  Very familiar...but not in a bad way...just no real surprises thus far.

Interview 1:  Skipped as usual

Interview 2:  Skipped with more irritation than usual as I thought I'd already skipped the feckin' interview.

Demon Nic: Just not grabbing me.   Nowt overtly wrong with it....I just don't find any thrills there.

Grovers return:  Skipped with significantly more irritation than than the interviews.

Storm Warning:  Taking it's time getting where it's going.....hope it's worth the journey.

Lawless:  Highlight of the prog really.  It's kind of a pause break episode....but great reading none the less.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!