Main Menu

Time for a new Prometheus thread...

Started by JOE SOAP, 24 September, 2015, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

or Prometheus 2 Alien: Paradise Lost - Ridley Scott's title for the sequel (no joke).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=43&v=A524UjfdoA8

Goaty

So... it is linked to Alien?

I like first film...

Professor Bear

Why are we still talking about this?

PROMETHEUS IS OVER.

Keef Monkey

Liked Prometheus a lot, so chances are I'll like this. Interested to see where he goes with it.

Goaty

Problems is with this film to be filmed, Neill Blomkamp's Alien will be delaying.

Professor Bear

They should get Sigourney Weaver in for this.  Every Alien movie she's had creative input with has been a runaway success on all levels.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Goaty on 25 September, 2015, 09:43:43 AM
Problems is with this film to be filmed, Neill Blomkamp's Alien will be delaying.

Or worse, if it bombs, NB's Alien will get cancelled...

Sadly P2 will probably look pretty, but have a shallow plot which makes no sense. I'd like to be wrong though

Frank

Dandontdare

QuoteTime for a new Prometheus thread...

No, it really isn't

JamesC

They should just do what everyone else does and get Abrahms on board.

Zarjazzer

I feel your hate. Am I in the wrong movie?

Prom One didn't make any sense much as I liked the visuals. prom 2 is unlikely to thrill me but has the word Alien in it now. I guess at least it is getting a sequel/prequel/treacle made, whilst a and a certain VERY GOOD film about the futures toughest lawman isn't . *sniff*.

Aliens , eh? Purge the xenos!

Er am I in the right universe?
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 25 September, 2015, 06:19:25 PM
They should just do what everyone else does and get Abrahms on board.

Or Whedon. Oh, wait...

ZenArcade

Christ the first one was turgid enough, no more please. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: Goaty on 25 September, 2015, 09:43:43 AM
I don't think one precludes the other - all the big studios want to make multiple films with a pre-planned release schedule now - hence we can predict which films are coming up in the Star Wars (alternating between a new trilogy and various 'origins' pieces), Marvel and DC universes.  So a Prometheus and Alien film could co-exist like one big happy family.

What the studios aren't so keen on doing is anything new that isn't a sequel or remake (which has been the case for many, many years, but has got significantly worse in the last decade or two).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 25 September, 2015, 11:26:13 PM
What the studios aren't so keen on doing is anything new that isn't a sequel or remake (which has been the case for many, many years, but has got significantly worse in the last decade or two).

Hardly surprising when big budget non-sequel, non-reboots keep tanking. If you can make a really good SF movie, put the world's most bankable male lead in it and still not make money (Edge of Tomorrow*), you're bound to be a bit suspicious...!

Cheers

Jim

*With the caveat that Box Office Mojo numbers can be a bit sus, it looks the movie might just have broken even worldwide.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.