Main Menu

Rugby WC

Started by maryanddavid, 28 September, 2015, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Surprised that this has not reared its head yet on the board. I am not a huge sports fan, but Rugby is such an entertaining game. I should also point out that, Irish boarder will understand, that the masochist in me has me following Mayo football for years, and to watch a team actually win something is an even better feeling.

Anyway, this World Cup has been hugely entertaining so far, the matches are on at reasonable times, the weaker teams have certainly upped their games, it has resulted in far more entertaining games in the group stages.

The two big talking points, I didnt think much could top SA and Japan, and then the Wales and England game came along. Fabulous viewing as a neutral, although Ill admit, (first time for everything) I was cheering Wales by the end of the game.  Ireland's flying under the radar a bit, just doing whats expected, the next two games will tell a tale.

ZenArcade

Mayo...try supporting Liverpool. :-( Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

shaolin_monkey

Not a sports fan at all, and have no allegiances to any team. That said, I was in a pub in Cardiff last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Actually, it wasn't the game I enjoyed so much as watching people's reactions to it. It was a very studenty pub, so I'd say a good portion of the folk were English, a smattering of foreign students, and 50% Welsh.

Cheers would ripple around the place depending who had the ball, which team had been injured and so on. Sometimes it sounded like a massive echo chamber, with cheers bouncing from one group of supporters to another.

I've always been a bit bewildered by the rules, so watched the match with bemusement, but allowed myself to be swept along by the vibe. Good stuff.

amines2058

Massive rugby fan here. But not mentioned any world cup stuff as I also subscribe to a separate Welsh Rugby forum (yes I was amazed that other forums exist as well!)
Anyway loving this tournament so far and not just because of last Saturday. Am watching every game with avid interest as this tournament does not yet appear to have a stand out team, even the All Blacks have looked a little shaky so far. I think there may be a few upsets still to come in the group and knock out stages.

NapalmKev

There are three matches being held in my hometown, Exeter.

Tonga vs Namibia tonight. Tickets all gone which makes no difference to me because I don't like Rugby.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

amines2058

Quote from: NapalmKev on 29 September, 2015, 11:50:05 AM
There are three matches being held in my hometown, Exeter.

Tonga vs Namibia tonight. Tickets all gone which makes no difference to me because I don't like Rugby.

Cheers

Oooh!! Clash of the Titans! Shows the popularity though if even the minnows get a sell-out game at a overly inflated price (admittedly only about 13,000 seats)

moldovangerbil

I've got tickets for the Argentina v Namibia game in Leicester (another huge, huge, HUGE match!).  Just hoping England are still in by then.........

Bat King

There is a World Cup thing gong in?

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

sheridan

My friend dropped in to the most recent Southern Contingent gathering on his way to Twickenham.  That's as close as I get to rugby...

Tjm86

I have to be honest, I read the title and thought this was a discussion about toilet problems at Twickenham. :-[

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The French fans are probably wondering why the Irish want milk.

AU LAIT! AU LAIT AU LAIT AU LAIT!
You may quote me on that.

ZenArcade

Nope, they're probably wondering what just happened. Z

JayzusB.Christ

I know fuck all about rugby (much to my dad's disappointment) but I really enjoyed that match. Pity all our star players have to be put down now. That's how it works, isn't it?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Yep, they let them go quietly....joking aside the subs stepped up to the mark. Z

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"