Main Menu

New Far-Cry Game looks interesting..

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 20 October, 2015, 01:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Oh...do they like it then. Must be good if they're still playing it. Maybe I should put the money aside for the Steam download next Monday and I was looking at the new Warhammer game as well.

shaolin_monkey

I'm intrigued by this game, but the reviews say it's Far Cry 4 with a stone age skin.  I'm still chippoing away at Far Cry 4 so I might wait to get this game, hopefully when the price has dropped by £20-£30.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 February, 2016, 10:59:01 PM
Oh...do they like it then. Must be good if they're still playing it.

It's only three days old!

ThryllSeekyr

I could never get into get far into the earlier games, partically the first one. This one looks as good as any other game I've pre-ordered. Sadly, I don't finished playing a lot games I start, even if I really like them. There are other reasons for that.

BTW, I really don't appreciate the implications that I don't know what I'm talking about. It's not even funny.

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Grugz

will get this along with assassins creed syndicate when they go cheaper.

anyone played "lords of the fallen"? and is it any good?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

I have some videos taken from the first few game plays... I'm currently waiting for the new ones I made after restarting the game.

Here are the first....

The Fun Way to Hunt Mammoth

I Hunt Goats - There Fore, I Am!

The ones worth watching so far. The game is great fun, yet more & more animals seem to be introduced as more ground has been discovered & uncovered.  Like those games where you encounter the same type of creature per level. But as bad as that sounds. There is option to move the bodies of the fallen Udam people that you encounter & seems like odd thing to do. Maybe it's just novelty giving nod to those games where it's ideal to hide the dead body for fear of further retribution from the authorities. So, I just dump into the bush, after dumping the first into the nearby river & agonising over the environmental impact of this. Then realising that the corpse cave man is going be less toxic because none of them eat at MacDonalds & that this is only a computer game anyway. Not even a game like this is going to punish you for that reason. Besides, even a proper burial is a bad idea. These days, no houses, shopping centre's are built near graveyards (I can think of two well known horror film's here, can you?) because of the shear combined mass of toxidity seeping out of the coffins & making it's way through the soil. This option is only retricted to you own kills & not the ones that still walk on all fours, or the feathered fliers. (I got one of those!) They're all nailed down to ground once you kill them, although I saw the corpse of a Dhole (A Early feral dog soon to become the ancestor to all domesticated ones!) rag doll roll down a grassy slope after. Yeah, it's like they have a physics engine for stuff like that, but you still couldn't play soccer with their heads afterwards.  Everything you shoot (or club!) & still lives to flee leaves a blood trail that can be seen easy enough, but it show up in bright yellow if you switch on you hunter vision. Which take to be the video gamey way of allowing for the enhanced senses of early human's & the developed stalking habits they have learned since they could crawl. They can actually see the scent trails left by any thing that moves while they are using this feature.  Wafting like smoke fumes off from the backs. The fumes are larger & thicker & that much easier to see if they are panicked, being chased by other predators, & bleeding. Sometime I just see long trails of yellow everywhere. Would also be nice if you could go into option and like have different colours for different prey & other people. Yellow is for prey or bad guy, but red is for ally and that seems so messed up. Which is kind of how I imagined how it is for Wolves or Werwolves using their enhanced nose pick up on scent. Everything would look a shade of yellow or amber anything else that breaths could be rainbow of colours depending wether they are panicked, or angry or calm. Kind  for
Hallucinogenic agents for animals with keen senses.

What I don't like in this game or in so far as much of it I have play so far is that without a weapon or the materials to whip one up.  You cannot attack anything or even fight back. There doesn't appear to be any unarmed combat at all. You'd think these people would have the precursors for the back-hand hitting & wrestling. The stomping on heads of your enemies as they lay prone or maybe this is the opportunity for clever use of what you can use in this game.

So far running from bears & wolves is almost pointless, even swimming through water to avoid them, which may only work on wild cats. If you have enough health for it, jump from a high place or find cliff face with some climbing vines just to get away from them. It's seems no animal can climb up those in this game. Until you encounter wild apes.   

I just had a look at that Lords of the Fallen game trailer/s. I remember seeing that one advertised years ago now, & the trailers looks impressively visceral, (Even for today!) but all the enemies he's fighting look like bosses & very samey. Only $19.00 AUD from Steam

Is it worth it?

Grugz

lords of the fallen is free on xbox live for gold members! ,bit dark sould in tone so far (which isn't very) and I have now died seven times on the first boss...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

Going by the time when I was able to install this game after my internet returned in full glory.

Should be today or tomorrow.

richerthanyou

Never played any of em. Is it like Tomb Raider?
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

Not too sure, definitely not like the very first Tomb Raider, but maybe a bit like the one where she end up shipwrecked on island and has to find some wood for fire & bow a cache of arrows.

Which only looks good on the surface.

Both games have their glitches that I found immersion breaking,

Like Lara doesn't visually indicate wether she's carrying bow, & quiver of arrows regardless of wether she's carry9ing them or not or how many arrows has left. I found number of other disturbing glitches that ruined the apparent realism for me in this game despite being a visual masterpiece.

While FarCry Primal shows you this impressive cinematic of you first construction of a stone-age bow, & club. While arrows are instantaneously provided you have enough of the raw materials. They almost pop out of thin air. Yet, seeing detailed cinematic each time  needed a new batch of arrows made might get tiresome after a while. I still haven't given up on the game. I will resume playing when I get enough hard-drive & internet back, restored. I can't play without recording my games.