Main Menu

The Honrned God - Has Anybody Heard Them?

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 31 October, 2015, 09:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Found out about these guys....

While looking for any artwork with Drune-Swords featured in them.

For something else.

Not sure how long they have been around, but they even rename themselves after characters from Slaine.....

See here[/b] or rough facsimile of original character names and their songs inspired by Slaine with lyrics mostly taken straight from the pages.

I found this video as well, but that was all I could find about them aside from a interview and a bit of their History

]

JamesC

Slaine inspired tattoos too? Can't tell from the pic.
I'd be surprised if this was the only Slaine inspired band to be honest.

ThryllSeekyr

Well, as I said, there is Slough-Feg and I have known of them for quite a while, ever since I found out about them by accident. When looking for a alternative but old Irish sound track to listen to while watching the famous Horned-God-Trailer While I had settled for a Drop-Kick-Murphy's theme taken from a film called the Departed then lyrics never seemed fit and all that time I kept seeming video listing fro this band and I actually remember seeing this a few times on earlier occasions and didn't give them a another thought.

Until, I heard their awesome music... have now got nearly all they're cd's.

I think I made big noise about them here back then or on the Mongoose Publishing and they certsinly sound better than these guys who go for more direct and visual approach. As for their music, it may take a while for it to grow on me.

I have no idea how or where find their music. Do know how hard it is to Google search for official website of a band called The Horned-God. The name so commonly referenced with the more demonically related material if it it's so already.

I never noticed the Saline related tatts....well spotted Bruce!

TordelBack

That's a sweet Bisley Balor and (early) Langley Slaine.  Nice!

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 31 October, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
Do know how hard it is to Google search for official website of a band called The Horned-God.

"The horned god band"
First link, their facebook page.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

ThryllSeekyr

???? Not sure why this might be bad..... and I couldn't get the link to what ever was supposed to take me to their official website to work for me.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 03 November, 2015, 02:36:47 PM
???? Not sure why this might be bad.

Who said it was bad? You look for things that aren't there a bit too much mate.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Davek

Quote from: JamesC on 31 October, 2015, 09:57:09 AM
Slaine inspired tattoos too?

If I was to get a tattoo it would be Slaine inspired.  Like a triskelle as shown on some of his enemies shield in early stories (sorry, useless at specifics - possibly Sky Chariots, amongst others?) or the sun type design he used to wear - was it like an amulet I think.  I would obviously get my fave pics ready if I was to have one done!  :lol:

ThryllSeekyr

This symbol in the top right hand corner....

This is the symbol Slaine wore on that leathery black with red piping gladiator outfit he wore through out most exciting chapters of the his chronology.

You something about the rising sun and the three rays shown underneath. Supposed to stand for the three virtues of something or other that I can't be too bothered going through pages of Slaine....

(After going through pages of Slaine the King and finding tis on the page where three rays of light are shining down on is head at the stone henge when he had almost complete all of his pre-king trials (Now wondering why, they knew he would be king before re-entering his tribal home grounds aside from the fact he had just fetched the Cauldron of Bloodand the words.....

Radiating the three rays of power....
The symbol of light....

Appeared in the narrative speech bubble over his head. I know Myrddin said what they actually meant somewhere else. Perhaps in the same Gn. I can't be bother looking further right now.

Similar to Australian native flag which is also a sun....and might have a similar meaning....

or the Japanese flag.....

Not sure why they made two slightly different flags there.

Always wanted the people who made 2000AD replicas to replicate the very same sort of badge possibly attached to harness with the or another tee-shirt. Red on black. Same symbol. Unless this is considered too sensitive/sacred to mass produce the fans like myself without really understanding what it all means.

How about his Dragon-Themed-Leyser-Pistol.