Main Menu

Meg 369: He has awoken

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 13 February, 2016, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Enjoying Percival's art on the Gyre and the Dust story is intriguing. Demarco is choppy but always a pleasure to see the Yeowell droid's work. No interest in the Realm of the Damned.

Citi-Def_Joe

The Gyre - Beautiful art and really cool premises but I wish it would kick things up a gear
Realm of The Damned - A good start but I am maybe target audience a being a metal fan, that enjoys some OTT gore and horror. Lets se how it goes nut certainly intrigued.
Demarco - was enjoying but like a few othe folks i am now a bit lost, art is a bit start for my taste
Dust - I love the movie Dredd stories in fact I wish they were a constat part of the Mg's make up. Dust is really building nicely, and the art is great.

Interviews - I am one of the few people it seems that not only reads but generally enjoys them, an actual "feature" rather than continual interviews would be good, but in general i like em.

Hawkmumbler

Dredd- Good fun, this is the second time in one month though that Carroll has brought back the Lawlords story arc from yesteryear. Could have done with spreading them out a little, IMHO but it's a great revelation none the less.

RotD- Offended? Really? We had 3 god damn years of American Sheeter infulting out inteligence and people are up in arms over a little itallian style guro? Really? I actually digged this a lot, BTW.

Dredd Dust- Continues to be just OK. Wilshers art is imence but sadly the story itself is somewhat 'same old, same old' despite being a change of pace from the conventional movie Dredd canon.

Demarco P.I.- Is sadly also just alright.

dweezil2

Similarly I'm a Rock/Metal fan, but the appreciation in all things Black Metal eludes me, however I found part 1 of Realm Of The Damned was a very strong one as regards to quality and it has got me most intrigued to see how the story progresses.

Fantastic art too!

Now all we need is for The Meg to commission Derek Riggs or Graham Humphreys to paint a suitably horror soaked cover!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Skullmo

If you want to hear some black metal while you read the strip this is my favourite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXu8M6q6v84
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Really enjoyed the Floppy this month, gorgeous artwork by David Roach on Synnamon, and it was good to re-read Tyranny Rex: The Comeback in one sitting, I enjoyed it a lot more than I remembered.
Nice bonus having Systems of Romance included too, I remember it unnerved me a little bit when I was a wide-eyed sprog.

Nod of approval this month for Pye Parr, fantastic stuff.

Theblazeuk

I am lukewarm on Realm of the Damned. Let's see where it goes! Certainly nothing particularly offended me.

Solid stuff all round, interested in seeing more of Dredd, much as I love, errrr, Dredd, I'm hoping for slightly less crazy stuff than fatties and so forth.

maryanddavid

Realm was OK, art was very good, so Ill give it a chance.
I like Mikes Dredd, Demarco too is decent, but suffers from mid story slump, probably will read better in one go.
The Film Dredd, well written and fantastically drawn, but not my cuppa, I have a mental block when it comes to reading versions of versions. Give me '2000AD' Dredd by the same team and Ill be happy!

Proudhuff

Should this Saturday 12 March be Megazine 370 day? it seems an ago since the last one...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

The Meg was way below recent standards I am afraid this month.

Judge Dredd had  a bit of a "was that it?" feel to me. Stuff just seemed to happen. Normally I am a big fan of Michael Carrol's Dredd but this was a bit flat. Not helped IMO by Nick Perceival's "I should like it but I just don't really" artwork.

Goldtiger. Don't think I will buy the GN on the strength of this.

Realm Of the Damned. Story and art ok. Please cut out the swearing ( I know it was down to just one F word this week). And please, put some clothes on.

Demarco. Again normally like this, but the last two parts have lost me a bit. Re-read required.

Movie Dredd. As with Demarco the last two parts have lost me a bit and a re-read is required. Also sad to see the totally unnecessary F word. What is wrong with "drokk"?. And put some clothes on.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Magnetica on 16 March, 2016, 08:29:50 PM
The Meg was way below recent standards I am afraid this month.

Judge Dredd had  a bit of a "was that it?" feel to me. Stuff just seemed to happen. Normally I am a big fan of Michael Carrol's Dredd but this was a bit flat. Not helped IMO by Nick Perceival's "I should like it but I just don't really" artwork.

Goldtiger. Don't think I will buy the GN on the strength of this.

Realm Of the Damned. Story and art ok. Please cut out the swearing ( I know it was down to just one F word this week). And please, put some clothes on.

Demarco. Again normally like this, but the last two parts have lost me a bit. Re-read required.

Movie Dredd. As with Demarco the last two parts have lost me a bit and a re-read is required. Also sad to see the totally unnecessary F word. What is wrong with "drokk"?. And put some clothes on.

Wrong topic mate, but I do agree with you about the nudity tis month. Twas too much man!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Frank

Quote from: Magnetica on 16 March, 2016, 08:29:50 PM
Movie Dredd ... sad to see the totally unnecessary F word. What is wrong with "drokk"?

"Movie Dredd" ... "movie Dredd" ... "MOVIE Dredd" ...

Magnetica

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 16 March, 2016, 08:42:17 PM
Wrong topic mate, but I do agree with you about the nudity tis month. Twas too much man!!!

Ooops - sorry obviously my comments where meant for the Meg 370 thread folks - thanks for pointing out. :-[