Main Menu

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Started by Goaty, 17 February, 2016, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: JLC on 02 March, 2017, 09:23:31 PM
Kurt Russell!!!!

kurt f'n Russell!

Never has a man worn so many ridiculous haircuts, moustaches etc. with such effortless cool.

Hawkmumbler

Kurt Russel of course is no stranger to either aliens or dodgy racial stereotypes, so i'm sure he'll fit in to GotG just fine. :D

Bolt-01

prediction for the very next line spoken after Kurt Russell appears:

'I heard you were dead'

You know it makes sense.

Rately

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 March, 2017, 04:52:58 PM
prediction for the very next line spoken after Kurt Russell appears:

'I heard you were dead'

You know it makes sense.

Brilliant!  :lol:

Knowing James Gunn's work, i wouldn't be surprised if he did pay tribute to a certain Snake Plissken!

Rara Avis

Goaty

James Gunn just announced on Facebook that he will be back for Vol 3.

DaveGYNWA

Picked up the soundtrack this morning - it's quality:

1. "Mr. Blue Sky" – Electric Light Orchestra
2. "Fox on the Run" – Sweet
3. "Lake Shore Drive" – Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. "The Chain" – Fleetwood Mac
5. "Bring It on Home to Me" – Sam Cooke
6. "Southern Nights" – Glen Campbell
7. "My Sweet Lord" – George Harrison
8. "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" – Looking Glass
9. "Come a Little Bit Closer" – Jay and the Americans
10. "Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" – Silver
11. "Surrender" – Cheap Trick
12. "Father and Son" – Cat Stevens
13. "Flash Light" – Parliament
14. "Guardians Inferno" – The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff (this is an original song written by Gunn...good fun, disco mix, Hoff singing, silly lyrics...most likely the closing credits theme)
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 21 April, 2017, 12:10:57 PM
Picked up the soundtrack this morning - it's quality:
13. "Flash Light" – Parliament

Classic 70's rock is a bit of a trope in trailers/films these days (no complaints I love it but see ALL RECENT TRAILERS - THE BUBBLE WILL BURST) - however, slippin' a bit of P-Funk in there? Ohhhhh yeah.

Radbacker

from the movie thread I'll just cut and paste
I am Groot, I am groot....I am Groot i am Groot,  I am Groot, I am Groot....I AM GROOT!!!!!!

Just got back from Guardians ot The Galacxy Vol 2 - it was Groot!!!!!  I mean really really Groot, probably one of the Grootest movies I've seen this year.  Easily as Groot as the first one if not better (first one might just have it as it came as such a supprise but this one is expected to be great).
Some really nice eater eggs for Marvel fans and Stans cameo has to be his best yet [spoiler]He telling a bunch of Watchers about his cameos in various movies!!![/spoiler]
The main cast is Groot again, Baby Groot is awww shucks so cute but not annoyingly so, added depth to Rocket and even the returning Nebula and Yondu work out really well [spoiler]Yondu in particular, wont go into details but I nearly shed a tear[/spoiler]
Kurt Russel as EGO the lioving Planet works perfectly even though you'd wonder how the hell can they pull something like a living planet off in a film they do it.  Sylvester Stallone has only a small part but does well.  I'm really glad Gunn is back to do Part 3 he's knocking these out of the park, 2 for 2 so far now if he can get out the difficult 3rd album these will go down as the greatest trilogy of the Marvel movies.

CU Radbacker

matty_ae

I really liked it but it couldn't surpass the original in any way.

It took longer to resolve character arcs & get to action scenes and at times the main plot resembled a 1960s Star Trek episode, for good and bad.

Go see but no classic but a definite B+ with a lot of heart by the end. STICK WITH IT!
During the movie you may really wonder where it is going, or if its ever going to get there.

I think James Gunn just achieved way too much in the original.

dweezil2

A few decent gags and sketches stitched together by a thread-bare plot.

Pretty much standard Marvel comic-book movie formula then.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 May, 2017, 01:07:13 PM

Without Drax this would have been a C- in my opinion.

moly

Really enjoyed it [spoiler]at the end when Stallone is with a group of reavers are they another group of established marvel heroes [/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: moly on 01 May, 2017, 04:12:38 PM
Really enjoyed it [spoiler]at the end when Stallone is with a group of reavers are they another group of established marvel heroes [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Stakar Ogord (AKA Starhawk) was the leader of the original Guardian team. DAbnett's Guardians 3000 was the last time we saw the dude a few years ago, so he's still very much in canon.[/spoiler]

dweezil2

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 01 May, 2017, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 May, 2017, 01:07:13 PM

Without Drax this would have been a C- in my opinion.

Totally agree, David Bautista Stole every scene he was in, everything else was very underwhelming.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo