Main Menu

Rok of the Reds

Started by Steve Green, 27 February, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Well, barring any horrendous fuck-ups on my part, that should be#4 ready to go the printers. It warms my black old heart to read the enthusiasm for Rok on the forum. Thank you for all the kind words, and for actually buying the comic. If people don't mind, I'll feed some of this back to John, Alan, Dan and Abby via FB...?

You'll enjoy #4, where things take a turn for the-- no, no, I've said too much. ;-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Not at all - although John knows how much I like it :)

Hawkmumbler

I've told Abby Bulmer in person how great Rok is and she's really enjoying working with legends like Wagner, Grant and Dan...oh, and Jim. ;)

Long may this winning creative team continue!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 September, 2016, 07:55:50 PM

You'll enjoy #4, where things take a turn for the-- no, no, I've said too much. ;-)

For the Albuquerque junction?

Prodigal2

Heresy maybe I know in strict 2000Ad terms, but it's my favourite read at the moment. It really has floated my old boat. Dan's art is such a fit for it.

Incidentally I think I still view the interweb through the eyes of an infant-I still get a huge thrill when I have an on line yarn with somebody involved in comic creation.

73north

I can agree totally , Rok of the Reds has been a joy to read - I bought the 1st issue from John Wagner personally at the Manchester Comic-Con in May this year , what a nice , genuine guy
I now have all 4 issues and they have been great to read , and display the best sign of a great writer and artist - you want them to go on and on ........ its that enjoyable a read
I am looking forward to ordering in January 2017 , issue 5 from Dan Cornwell !

dancornwell

Only 4 weeks or so and 5 will be out. Then just issue 6 to go and no more Rok. For a while anyway. Boo

dancornwell

John will have #5 at the 40th bash which he'll be signing with Abby and myself hopefully

CalHab

Will you be selling signed copies via post as before, Dan?

dancornwell

I should think so. We need them ready for the 40th so hoping to have them before then.

Bolt-01

Woo, and indeed- Hoo!

Actually for those attending the 40th this will be the best chance to get Alan Grant (and that lettering bod) to sign as well.

dancornwell

Link Prime

Quote from: dancornwell on 17 January, 2017, 02:07:44 PM
I should think so. We need them ready for the 40th so hoping to have them before then.

Good stuff Dan.
I've to pick up issue 4 as well. Great series.

Leigh S

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 January, 2017, 06:30:57 PM
Quote from: dancornwell on 17 January, 2017, 02:07:44 PM

Good stuff Dan.
I've to pick up issue 4 as well. Great series.

4 and 5 didnt make it to Birmingham (or at least in sufficent quantitues to get my hands on them!) so I will be snapping them up... erm, along with a new issue 1 if possible (and I dont find it in the mean time) as mine has gone walkabouts!

dancornwell

Think we will have loads of each issue, well as many as John can carry there