Main Menu

Prog 1975 - top cop for the chop?

Started by jannerboyuk, 02 April, 2016, 11:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Pre-ordering the hardback special edition collection with writer's spreadsheets and bonus 6-page article on 22nd C nutrition!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 07 April, 2016, 07:55:03 AM
Pre-ordering the hardback special edition collection with writer's spreadsheets and bonus 6-page article on 22nd C nutrition!
Sounds like something you'd get in Fortean Times, not da' tooth'

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tordelback on 07 April, 2016, 06:52:55 AM
Lessee now, average annual food consumption in the West is about half a tonne per person per year, so say MC1 needs 500,000 tonnes a week. Futuro trucks can carry 100 tonnes of cargo across the Cursed Earth, so if as much as a fifth of its total food is produced in 'outposts' (if it's less than that, is its disruption likely to result in imminent starvation?) that's only 1,000 megatrucks worth a week-ish.  How many tonnes of let's say munce can each farm produce weekly? As much as 100?  200? So maybe one megatruck delivery weekly from each of 500 farms.
Assumption: engineered 22nd Century foodstuffs provide the same nutrition:weight ratio as contemporary equivalents.

We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 April, 2016, 08:50:07 AM
Lessee now, average annual food consumption in the West is about half a tonne per person per year, so say MC1 needs 500,000 tonnes a week. Futuro trucks can carry 100 tonnes of cargo across the Cursed Earth, so if as much as a fifth of its total food is produced in 'outposts' (if it's less than that, is its disruption likely to result in imminent starvation?) that's only 1,000 megatrucks worth a week-ish.  How many tonnes of let's say munce can each farm produce weekly? As much as 100?  200? So maybe one megatruck delivery weekly from each of 500 farms.
Assumption: engineered 22nd Century foodstuffs provide the same nutrition:weight ratio as contemporary equivalents.

If the primary crop of Cursed Earth food farms was Quavers, how might this affect our calculations? They're floaty light.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 April, 2016, 08:50:07 AM

Ah, but some sources claim today's US citizen eats almost a ton a year, and we know at least on MC-1 can eat that at a single sitting, so my assumptions of nutritional reuirements already have a huge margin. I call it the Stodgman/Tubbs Factor.

TordelBack

Can't be bothered fixing the crimes autocorrect committed against that last post.

ZenArcade

I call it the Stodgman/Tubbs Factor. PMSL. Z :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jacqusie

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 02 April, 2016, 12:03:28 PM

Wow! This week's prog number is my year of birth - 1975. As a really brill gift, I get a Dredd cover by one of the greats - Brendan McCarthy - it's got some nice greens going on too (as well as the obvious poor Judge with a headache).

I also do like Dredd's cape billowing about, but he seems to have tripped up over a slasher movie cliche...

Inside I'm going along with Dredd ok, but there is a degree of chin scratching as to some of the dialogue, but what the hey, it's shaping up to be another adventure in the cursed earth which I always enjoy.

One thing about the McNeils uniforms though, they all seem to be full of dints, holes and scuff marks, which is fair enough if you are out getting your arse kicked by muties, but even the Cheif Judges attire seems past it's best... times must really be hard down at Emphatically Yess...

...speaking of P.J Maybe... I wonder where he be?

Si

Zarjazzer

Enjoyable especially Dredd and Aquila's last panel was just fab.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Ghost MacRoth

Catching up with the progs... so forgive me if I revive a couple threads.....

Cover: Nicely eye catching, and nice to see some less mental McCarthy back in the prog.

Dredd: Rolls along nice enough, but nothing new in this tale so far.

3Rillers: Distinctly 'meh'.

Survival Geeks:  I fully expect the tale would suffer without Googe's art, but as it stands, I rather enjoy it.

Tainted:  Loving it so far.

Aquila:  More 'meh'.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!